What's new

Opinions on Trumper Skye and Bay Rum Colognes?

proxy.php

proxy.php

I really enjoy both of these wonderful colognes.... always have, but I have never really read much about them on forums - they seem to be awful low on the radar. Anyone else like these colognes?

I have never smelt the skye but out of the bay rum scents I have smelt this seems to be the best. I am still not sure of it being a scent worth purchasing but will see if the sample grows on me. By the way joel....no to steal your thread....but what is the correct way to apply cologne on your self from a sample?

gage0921 said:
I have never smelt the skye but out of the bay rum scents I have smelt this seems to be the best. I am still not sure of it being a scent worth purchasing but will see if the sample grows on me. By the way joel....no to steal your thread....but what is the correct way to apply cologne on your self from a sample?

I don't think there is any one "correct" way to apply cologne, but personally, I turn the little vial upside-down against my index finger and apply it to my neck and behind my ears until I have put a sufficient amount on.

I had heard of using a cotton swab but didnt know how effective it would be since the cotton would absorb.....thanx

Love it, especially in the hot weather.. Pleasant and light.. :smile:
Bay Rum... Now there's a story. SWMBO says NO! :eek:

I tried a sample of Skye and it along with Eucris and Sandalwood are my favorite Trumper colognes.

I'll be purchasing from Robert once his 10% discount kicks in :biggrin:

i wore the bay rum sample i have had for some time...

verdict: i really liked it! i'll have to get some and split it with my father, when i mentioned it to him he told me how much he missed the scent!

robofunk said:
i wore the bay rum sample i have had for some time...

verdict: i really liked it! i'll have to get some and split it with my father, when i mentioned it to him he told me how much he missed the scent!

I hate to say it, but I thought the Pinaud Bay Rum cologne I got for $5 was as good as the Trumpers.... I am not a huge BR fan, but it is a nice, refreshing scent. It will probably wind up in the swap box, though.

I hate to say it, but after reading a lot about the Eucris on another forum, when I got my sample, I was not real impressed. I have been getting into Sandalwood recently after getting a sample of the shave cream at the local C & E store.

Any thoughts on the best (subjective) Sandalwood Cologne?

AACJ said:
I hate to say it, but after reading a lot about the Eucris on another forum, when I got my sample, I was not real impressed. I have been getting into Sandalwood recently after getting a sample of the shave cream at the local C & E store.

Any thoughts on the best (subjective) Sandalwood Cologne?

Don't be afraid to be a heretic - I think Eucris is pretty vile stuff myself. :blush:

As for sandalwood, I REALLY like the Crabtree & Evelyn cologne. Everytime I am in the store I try it on and love it. Hate to pay the $40, though, so i keep looking (unsuccessfully) for a bargain price. I am sure Ron will agree- this is one of his favorite scents also.

Scotto said:
Don't be afraid to be a heretic - I think Eucris is pretty vile stuff myself. :blush:

As for sandalwood, I REALLY like the Crabtree & Evelyn cologne. Everytime I am in the store I try it on and love it. Hate to pay the $40, though, so i keep looking (unsuccessfully) for a bargain price. I am sure Ron will agree- this is one of his favorite scents also.

I just don't want to ruffle any feathers as it seems to be one of the favorites scents of some of the gents I respect on this forum. But as with anything, everyone has their opinions.

My personal favorite is Truefitt and Hill 1805.

Art, I don't like Eucris on me. Not good chemistry. As far as Sandalwood, my favorite comes from Floris. I am waiting to get a whiff of B&B though.

I am actually not much of a Eucris fan either. I think it is nice - but wouldn't pony up the $ for it.

I really enjoy the Caswell Massey, Taylor, and AOS sandalwood, Trumper - but my personal favorite Sandalwood like scent is the B&B cologne - followed by Caswell Massey - as the caswell is very spicy and interesting. The only "pure" sandalwood cologne I have is the AOS - which is quite nice, but I prefer some of the more complex sandalwoods such as Taylors, Caswell, Trumper - etc.

Scotto said:

As for sandalwood, I REALLY like the Crabtree & Evelyn cologne. Everytime I am in the store I try it on and love it. Hate to pay the $40, though, so i keep looking (unsuccessfully) for a bargain price. I am sure Ron will agree- this is one of his favorite scents also.[/QUOTE]
Scotto,
This is true. C&E's Aromatic Sandalwood Cologne is an extremely high quality single note sandalwood. No added citrus or other scents to detract from that wonderful Mysore sandalwood EO...

Lets see, I loved the Trumper sandalwood (from a sample), AOS sandalwood, and I have been a longtime fan of Crabtree & Evelyn, both their creams and their scents. On the other hand, I tried the Caswell Massey sandalwood, and thought it was atrocious. It didn't smell good on me, and I thought my gf was going to have the dry heaves.....it will stay on the shelf for now. Eucris was a little "girly" to me as I recall, either way it did not pass the gf test, and I do like her being a little close....
John P.

About 25 years ago on a warm spring day I walked into Trumpers on Curzon Street - a life changing experience. Trumper cologne at that time was about $14. Sampled many and choose Skye - a unique, fresh and clean scent that has been part of my collection since. You can not go wrong with this one.

Top Bottom