What's new

Opinions on TOBS vs Trumper COCONUT ?

Hi - so I've got TOBS coconut and Trumper Almond creams. I've concluded after using both about 10 times each that I much prefer the consistency of the Trumper, but I kinda don't like the almond scent. I love the coconut scent of TOBS, though. I was thinking about trying to get the "best of all worlds" going with a Trumper coconut. Seeing as it's kind of expensive, I wanted to see if anyone had experience with it and thoughts on it before I take the plunge. Thanks.

My wife has tried both. I think the TOBS smells a bit more like pure coconut and the Trumper smells a bit more like a tropical coconut, although it has been a while since the Trumper's was in the house. The TOBS was definitely a better value in terms of overall cost. Both produced a good lather.

Sent via mobile

I think the TOBS coconut produces a great lather, but I'm not crazy about the scent. I have never tried Trumpers, but am also curious about how it compares to TOBS.

Trumpers Coconut is one of my two favorite creams (along with CF Lavender) and although I like TOBS a lot, I'll take Trumpers any day. To my nose it's a straight up coconut scent which I love.

I love the scents of both, but sadly, both burned something fierce when lathered up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Both Taylors and Trumpers are great, but my personal preference among UK soft creams is for T&H and Simpsons.

Follow up:

I ended up buying the Trumpers Coconut cream off Amazon, but was supremely disappointed. The jar I got has ***NO*** scent. Nothing, nada. Handed it to my wife, who has canine-level scent perception, just in case I was wrong. She said she could detect no scent of any kind. The TOBS Coconut is screaming with coconut scent. I figure maybe it was just a bad batch or something. I will update if I manage to get a replacement going.

Follow up:

I ended up buying the Trumpers Coconut cream off Amazon, but was supremely disappointed. The jar I got has ***NO*** scent. Nothing, nada. Handed it to my wife, who has canine-level scent perception, just in case I was wrong. She said she could detect no scent of any kind. The TOBS Coconut is screaming with coconut scent. I figure maybe it was just a bad batch or something. I will update if I manage to get a replacement going.
I suggest sending it back. I had a tube of Trumper's Coconut off Amazon and my wife loved the scent. Sounds like you received a defective jar.

Sent via mobile

Fragrances are extremely individual, and you can actually be "nose blind" to some smells that others pick up strongly. (We regularly do sensory evaluation on our products at work and see this phenomenon over and over so, we have to use panels of people for testing to compensate for it.) I have the same problem smelling Trumpers coconut and also can't pick up much scent in their GFT either. Lots of other folks love them and list them as favorites. I hope you got a bad batch, but I seriously doubt it.

shaved yesterday with Trumper's Coconut Oil shave cream.
Reminded me how fabulous this cream is, both performance and scent.
Really lubricating, lather huge and held fine, excellent coconut oil scent.
Perhaps performance (IMO) on par with AOS, Xpec!

george trumper coconut.jpg

Top Bottom