What's new

Opinions on this heavy black cowhide leather coat?

It's distressed black with brown stitching, tan cotton lining, zippered sleeves. I picked it up brand new for $250. Feels heavy but well broken-in with a nice leather smell. Would wear it with jeans, a tee, and boots. It's a nice compliment to my brown FQHH Aero Highwayman. What do you think?

Last edited:
After a process of years, I've finally narrowed down my ideal leather jacket to a motorcycle style (if a short trench doesn't pop up out of nowhere). I like things super minimalist but this is definitely headed in that direction. May I ask where you bought it?

Nice jacket, reminds me the Eastman Hartmann Luftwafffe:

proxy.php

:thumbup1:

Very nice. Though I don't see it holding up to a motorcycle crash too well I doubt that's what they were going for. A stylish jacket which would work very well out on the town.

The added photos help. I like the way the collar falls. Seems like a nice interpretation of a very classic jacket, and the vertical lines seem sporty, sleek, and slimming. The doubled up stitching in the front also makes it look reinforced and strong.

I like the front better than the back though. The stitching in the back seems to get rather busy for no apparent reason.

Are the ends of the sleeves absolutely simple with no snaps or anything? That looks good, and it looks like you could roll them up if you wanted and they would look good, too. As if you would wear them long to protect your hands when on hand grips at the end of handle bars, or when it was really cold, but when off a bike, etc. be ablbe to roll them up to get them out of the way.

Good looking jacket though. I would wear it!

Top Bottom