What's new

Opinions on Taylor of Old Bond Street Shaving Cream - Eton College

What's your experience with Taylor of Old Bond Street Shaving Cream - Eton College? ...and how's the fragrance?

Ordered a bowl without ever trying it.

I love it. It is the second TOBS cream I ever bought, the first being Sandalwood. They are pretty much opposites scent wise. I'd say Eton College is a close second to Sandalwood on my favorites list. I find the cream to be much softer than their other creams for some reason. It is truly creamy while the others approach more of a croap consistency.

I would have ordered the TOBS Sandalwood, but my Proraso red (tube) has that scent covered.

I also have Proraso Red and I actually think they are very different. I actually prefer the TOBS by a very large margin over the Proraso Red, which has a very mild sandalwood scent to it. If you like sandalwood scents, I highly recommend you try the TOBS sandalwood. I think you'll like it.

You have me convinced with the TOBS sandalwood. I love sandalwood.

...yet another shaving cream to be ordered :laugh:

Eton is ok in my opinion but not my favorite TOBS scent. That would be Jermyn Street followed by Mr Taylor.

I tried a sample of Eton after having the others and it didn't appeal to me enough to purchase a tub.

The Sandalwood was one of the few that I've tried that I actually disliked. I sold mine on the B/S/T almost immediately. Too overpowering from what I remember.

I didnt like the scent of my Eton College sample, but I appear to be in the minority. Performance was TOBS standard.

Got it and used it a few times already.

Like it a lot, a very clean scent and it lubricates quite well.

Top Bottom