What's new

Opinions on Noble Otter

Good day,
My OCD is in full swing again and I'm looking at getting quite a few Noble Otter soaps and aftershaves. Does anyone have a favorites or those that just don't make the cut?
Thanks in advance!

I just finished a tub of 'Lonestar' that I liked very much. I'm using some samples of Barr Barr right now, that is another good one.

My wife really liked the Lonestar. When I switched to the Barr Barr I had her give a sniff to my cheek before aftershave and she commented that it smelled good, but reminded her of plastic doll legs. I told her that it was called Barr Barr and she said "See, Barbie!"

Haven't tried any of their aftershaves.

I just finished a tub of 'Lonestar' that I liked very much. I'm using some samples of Barr Barr right now, that is another good one.

My wife really liked the Lonestar. When I switched to the Barr Barr I had her give a sniff to my cheek before aftershave and she commented that it smelled good, but reminded her of plastic doll legs. I told her that it was called Barr Barr and she said "See, Barbie!"

Haven't tried any of their aftershaves.
It's funny that you say that about your wife. The only NO that I've used is the Orbit aftershave and of all of the aftershaves I own (OCD like everyone else) she liked it the best. It may be my motivation in wanting to load up on Otter in the coming days.

I may be in the minority here, but I am unable to lather Noble Otter. I think it may be my hard water, but it’s the only soap I can’t get a good lather with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My well water is so hard that I always use filtered water for shaving. Even if the soap would lather with my well water I wouldn't want the mineral deposits building up in my brush. That said, Noble Otter lathers great for me.

I have a tub of NO Bare that I like to use. Easy to lather and whips up into a creamy lather. The scent on Orbit was okay for me.
I think NO aims for original scents so you'll probably get something unique. Regardless, their soap works well for me.

My personal favorite NO so far is Firefighter (smells nothing like a fire). Their seasonal The Night Before landed pretty favorably too. None of the ones I'v tried (so far Barr Barr, Monarch, Rawr, and Thè Noir et Vanille) are no-goes.

I have soft water so for me lathering has been easy and excellent.

Love NO, maybe my favorite brand scent-wise. They're one of the few brands that I trust to bind-buy their new soaps and have yet to be disappointed. Monarch is my favorite, just a masterpiece to my nose. Lonestar is awesome and not like anything else I've smelled. Orbit, Flying Hyde and the Trail are great too. Hamami is nice, but a little lite for my tastes. Have only used them a couple times, but Firefighter and the new Xmas one are very nice too. Would love to get my hands on Jungle Warrior and Texaus sometime!

I purchased my first NO tub a few weeks ago. Rawr has a great scent and I found the performance right up there with Murphy and McNeil and BM IMO. My only knock is like BM you only get 4oz. The thrifty portion of my personality still prefers the value proposition that MM and its 5.5oz tub presents.

The soap base is fantastic, so you can't go wrong there. Scent is so subjective, so perhaps sample sizes are the way to go. Flying Hyde and Noir et Vanille are probably my favorites.

One of my favorite bases. Plus, they do their own perfumery.

I don’t think I’ve ever had a bad shave with noble otter.

Hamami and the noir et vanilla are my favorites. They’re all good though.

Just ordered Bare from Noble Otter and glad I found this thread. I’m a complete Stirling fanboy, but I’ve been hearing great things about NO, so I decided to try it out. Should be here in a few days.

I ordered it at 10AM this morning and by 11AM I had gotten an email stating that it has already been shipped :eek2:. That’s some quality service!

Top Bottom