What's new

A thread that isn't really about "Opinions on Lilac Vegetal scent"

Here's a question...does decanting the Veg help any? Since I'm waiting on my bottle "blind", I picked up a couple of glass jars at Hobby Lobby today to put it in. Figured it wouldn't hurt and would look nicer than the plastic jugs regardless if I like the scent or not.

These were on sale this week. $1.49 each. Thought that was a great deal compared to buying on-line or emptying out hot sauce bottles.

glassbottle.jpg

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Here's a question...does decanting the Veg help any? Since I'm waiting on my bottle "blind", I picked up a couple of glass jars at Hobby Lobby today to put it in. Figured it wouldn't hurt and would look nicer than the plastic jugs regardless if I like the scent or not.

These were on sale this week. $1.49 each. Thought that was a great deal compared to buying on-line or emptying out hot sauce bottles.

View attachment 1562630

Anything is worth a shot with Pinaud Clubman Lilac Vegetal.

Hey, that should be the product's slogan!

Ok friends, I received it today...

The smell out of the bottle was pretty interesting. I didn't get cat **** or flowers but it was a somewhat familiar scent. After a time I figured out where I had smelled something like it before. Incense. My favorite corner store is run by an Indian guy and he blesses the store each morning with incense. Not sure if it's nag champa or something else, but it's pretty close to the Veg out of the bottle.

I applied it after a quick evening shave and I can say that it burns a good bit more than the other few aftershaves I have around. It's been about an hour and I can still get hints of it, especially on my hands.

I like the stuff. My wife didn't care for it much and claims to like lilacs. We've been married for 25 years, though, and she doesn't like most of my hobbies (or foods that I like) so this is nothing new. I'll wear it proudly. I think it's actually much better than my other cheap aftershaves. :thumbup:

I see there are many posts on the Veg in the Opinions on Arko scent. They don’t really belong in this suburb thread. Opinions on Arko scent thread really is a classic. Opinions on Arko Scent? I thank @Owen Bawn for creating that thread, The Veg and Arko share a similar niche in the shaving community. Its either love or hate. This is why I think they need each other in a sister site.
I hope this fledging site will prosper like Opinions on Arko scent.
Please post your opinions of the Lilac Vegatal here. Don’t hold back I know you don’t need to be told.
It’s trash! Pure ****!

Top Bottom