What's new

Opinions on Fatip Piccolo vs RR SLOC for those that own and use both please.

In that last couple of months I have collected some great razors but continue to be impressed with the RR SLOC.
The FATIP Piccolo is a razor that gets a lot of love on B&B so for those that own/use both opinions would be great and THANKS in advance!

1649593368567.png
1649593628919.png

They are both wonderful shavers, but my preference is the SLOC; the shaving angle is more intuitive and wider than the Fatip. The Fatip (latest iteration) is a tad more efficient and of course it is made of brass. The SLOC remains in my rotation, the Fatip is at the back of the cupboard.

The SLOC is one of my favorite razors. It is great for getting an easy, trouble free, super comfortable shave. It also seems to work well for me with a wide variety of different blade brands.

Fatip razors are also favorites of mine. The OC Fatips seem more efficient and somewhat more aggressive to me than the SLOC is, so not quite as forgiving. They also seem to be a little more sensitive to different blade brands for me. However when I shave with my go to blades like an Astra SP, Perma-Sharp or Nacet I consistently get excellent, smooth, comfortable and close shaves with my Fatip.

Both razor designs seem to have very good blade support and both deliver great shaves for me at a very reasonable price. I really like having both razors in rotation and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future.

They are both wonderful shavers, but my preference is the SLOC; the shaving angle is more intuitive and wider than the Fatip. The Fatip (latest iteration) is a tad more efficient and of course it is made of brass. The SLOC remains in my rotation, the Fatip is at the back of the cupboard.

The SLOC is one of my favorite razors. It is great for getting an easy, trouble free, super comfortable shave. It also seems to work well for me with a wide variety of different blade brands.

Fatip razors are also favorites of mine. The OC Fatips seem more efficient and somewhat more aggressive to me than the SLOC is, so not quite as forgiving. They also seem to be a little more sensitive to different blade brands for me. However when I shave with my go to blades like an Astra SP, Perma-Sharp or Nacet I consistently get excellent, smooth, comfortable and close shaves with my Fatip.

Both razor designs seem to have very good blade support and both deliver great shaves for me at a very reasonable price. I really like having both razors in rotation and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future.
OK I appreciate the feedback from both of you fine gents. I neglected to mention that after the SLOC I purchased the PAA DOC nickel plated version (copper was sold out) but it does not shave for me as well as the SLOC. I am on the notification list for the fully milled SLOC when available. Happy shaves!
:straight:

The SLOC seems very mild though I do like it. You could not cut yourself if you tried. For me the Fatip OC or Fatip OC Slant are better as the primary razors, but the SLOC is very good for buffing and final touch up in the mustache and chin area. You could use one of the Fatips for this, as well, but it takes some practice.

Top Bottom