What's new

Opinions on Barbicide?

I don't think Barbie has done anything so evil that every single doll on the face of the earth should be incinerated. That's ludicrous. What do YOU think?!

I don't think Barbie has done anything so evil that every single doll on the face of the earth should be incinerated. That's ludicrous. What do YOU think?!

Just like the old Saturday Night Live with Emily Litella ... "It's Barbicide, not Barbie-cide. Oh, well, never mind!"

Straight to the Clownhouse!

I am getting funny looks from my wife.

Seriously, Gold is about as non-reactive a material there can be. A dip in barbicide followed by a rinse under running water won't hurt the metal.

I dont know about exotic and "classic plastic" scale materials like ivory, bone and celluloid though.

Phil

Last edited:
I've haven't had a problem with Barbicide, but I usually only let the razors soak for the recommended 10 minutes and then rinse them well.

Straight to the Clownhouse!

I am getting funny looks from my wife.

Seriously, Gold is about as non-reactive a material there can be. A dip in barbicide followed by a rinse under running water won't hurt the metal.

I dont know about exotic and "classic plastic" scale materials like ivory, bone and celluloid though.

Phil

Have you tried dipping a gold-plated razor in barbicide though?

Who has tried dipping gold-plated razors in barbicide? I would like to hear opinions on people who have tried it. Not to sound rude.

I think she has it coming to her.

attachment.php

I have no experience of putting gold items in Barbicide, but given it claims to be an anti-corrosion formula, the risk should be tiny if you follow the instructions (10 minute soak then rinse off.)

attachment.php

I have no experience of putting gold items in Barbicide, but given it claims to be an anti-corrosion formula, the risk should be tiny if you follow the instructions (10 minute soak then rinse off.)

Thanks for the input. Good to know.

attachment.php

Is this a better way to become a bleach blonde?

As well as Barbicide and Marvicide, another option (in the UK at least) is Mundo. You can dilute it in more water (19:1 rather than 15:1), it works in 5 minutes rather than 10, and perhaps most importantly for home users it can officially be used for 5 days after mixing instead of just 1.

I went for Barbicide anyway as it's a known quantity, and - yes I admit it - because it fits the image better.

I've haven't had a problem with Barbicide, but I usually only let the razors soak for the recommended 10 minutes and then rinse them well.
IIRC air drying (without rinsing) is an important step for Barbicide to do its thing.

Top Bottom