What's new

A thread that isn't really about "Opinions on Arko Scent"

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
Let us pray that Mr. Bawn has truly retired for the evening.....

I'm afraid ol' dullieBoy has poked a sleeping bear.

And that post about an Arko scent reminiscent of Spam! Wow!

That one might give him the vapors!!!
This thread has broken new ground in the past 24 hours. We had "Stank-gate," the Spam incident, and we even had one punter who carried the urinal references to the point of absurdity by suggesting that he believes Arko smells like peepee. Peepee!

I am undone.

Owen Bawn

Looking at the number of replies to this thread it would appear there is some controversy surrounding the scent of this Arko shaving soap. I don't think @Owen Bawn envisaged this when he started this thread. Would someone mind summing up the differences of opinion on the scent for me as I am not sure I will ever have the time to read the entirety of this thread.
This thread has long been my dream, actually. You should commit to reading the entire thread. So many differing opinions with so little rancor and minimal violence and only a few personal assaults. Not even many threats to inflict physical harm. There is healing and catharsis in this thread.

I would't say urinal cake... But maybe something like school toilets' soap. I don't mind it but it didn't grow on me like Tabac or Floid (which I wasn't a fan of at first).

Owen Bawn

I would't say urinal cake... But maybe something like school toilets' soap. I don't mind it but it didn't grow on me like Tabac of Floid (which I wasn't a fan of at first).
For years I have been saying that Arko smells like the soap in the jacks at school. Clean and fresh. Industrial, yes, somewhat, but not like a peepee filter.

The true measure of our sincerity and tolerance is the fact that we still allow you to express your diseased ravings about "stank" in this thread just days after you admit having thrown your Arko into a steaming pile at the dump.
Sir, I must correct you… I did not throw my Arko into a steaming pile at the dump. I threw it in the garbage and the garbage man threw it in the steaming pile at the dump. 👍

The scent of Arko brings me back to the time I visited my grandparents a lot and beyond. They used a handsoap called Sunlight which was the only item my grandmother was able to hoard when WWII started. She bought so much (yes, hoarding soap goes a long way back in my family!) that when my grandad passed away in '85 there was still so much left that I used it (and nothing else) till '06 or '07. Same scent but toned down a bit which is considering the fact that this soap was at the end over 65 years old not that strange.

That is why I had no fear of buying 36 sticks from a local vendor once I discovered Arko. There is no soap with sweeter memories and I am confident it will outlive me with ease!

Top Bottom