What's new

A thread that isn't really about "Opinions on Arko Scent"

What scent would you like to see Stirling make? I always have this random shower thought: I would love one that smells like 'soap' (Zest, Coast, Safeguard etc) would be a great addition for when you just want to smell squeaky clean all day.
. . .
Stirling should do something like the original strong Irish Spring soap. (You know, the soap that Irish people used to cut into on television.)

And something with real musk, though maybe they already do? If so, which one?

The Expert version....

Mean2.jpg

I was going to post this on @Owen Bawn ’s Synthetic Summer thread, but was afraid of derailing it.

Yesterday, I received a package with my first - and eagerly awaited - MWF.

So today I had to give the Fat a try and went for it.

The veredict:

Well..., if I were on a desert island and had to choose between the scent of MWF and Arko... I’d go with Arko!

That’s it. I’ve said it. But don’t get me wrong: I still don’t like Arko’s scent and firmly believe that it should be destroyed if we want to reunite the wet shaving world.

I know MWF is among the top 5 soaps for a lot of the members, but I’ve gotta come clean (no pun intended): the scent is not for me! I felt as if I were in a laundry room, from which I wanted to escape. And the scent lingers on...

Maybe I’m just one of those guys that can differentiate between wines up to a certain point: red, white and sparkling; but cannot tell the difference between a cheap card box wine from Walmart and a classy Burgundy. Who knows...?

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
I was going to post this on @Owen Bawn ’s Synthetic Summer thread, but was afraid of derailing it.

Yesterday, I received a package with my first - and eagerly awaited - MWF.

So today I had to give the Fat a try and went for it.

The veredict:

Well..., if I were on a desert island and had to choose between the scent of MWF and Arko... I’d go with Arko!

That’s it. I’ve said it. But don’t get me wrong: I still don’t like Arko’s scent and firmly believe that it should be destroyed if we want to reunite the wet shaving world.

I know MWF is among the top 5 soaps for a lot of the members, but I’ve gotta come clean (no pun intended): the scent is not for me! I felt as if I were in a laundry room, from which I wanted to escape. And the scent lingers on...

Maybe I’m just one of those guys that can differentiate between wines up to a certain point: red, white and sparkling; but cannot tell the difference between a cheap card box wine from Walmart and a classy Burgundy. Who knows...?
There's no such thing as derailing any thread that was begun by me. Be free. Let your thoughts flow where they will, like wine from a finely waxed box.

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
A couple of days ago I was shaving with Arko in a dip bowl, not the wrapper as i am 3017ing it, and my 9 yo son joined me (he picked Cella but he is not allowed a blade until he is older).
He said "Daddy why are you shaving with Arko?"
I said "How do you know that?"
And he said "Because it smells like my school toilet"
Out of the mouths of babes and innocents...

Owen Bawn

A couple of days ago I was shaving with Arko in a dip bowl, not the wrapper as i am 3017ing it, and my 9 yo son joined me (he picked Cella but he is not allowed a blade until he is older).
He said "Daddy why are you shaving with Arko?"
I said "How do you know that?"
And he said "Because it smells like my school toilet"
Out of the mouths of babes and innocents...
I don't believe this actually happened.

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
I don't believe this actually happened.
My youngest son shaves with me every month or so and knows most of my soaps, brushes and razors. His favourite razor is the Fatip piccolo because it is just the right size for him. His current favourite soap is Cella but that changes, before that it was RR XXX. Whenever I get a new soap or aftershave he has a sniff to make sure it meets with his approval. This is not the first time he has commented on the similarity between the Arko scent and the smell of his school toilet, it is however the first time he has made the comment since since someone who shall remain nameless started a thread on the Arko scent.

Owen Bawn

My youngest son shaves with me every month or so and knows most of my soaps, brushes and razors. His favourite razor is the Fatip piccolo because it is just the right size for him. His current favourite soap is Cella but that changes, before that it was RR XXX. Whenever I get a new soap or aftershave he has a sniff to make sure it meets with his approval. This is not the first time he has commented on the similarity between the Arko scent and the smell of his school toilet, it is however the first time he has made the comment since since someone who shall remain nameless started a thread on the Arko scent.
I'm certain he shaves with you. It is a terrific father-son bonding moment. As a man with only daughters I confess to a tinge of envy for you and the lad. I also believe he said that Arko smelled like the jacks at school. But I believe at some point prior to that *someone* probably suggested a connection between Arko and the smell of the school's toilet.

Top Bottom