What's new

A thread that isn't really about "Opinions on Arko Scent"

No one has provided any scientific evidence that Arko smells like a urinal cake. Someone said it years ago and we in this degraded age are so unimaginative it is the only description we can conjure. And not without reason. I believe the "Arko smells like a urinal" belief persists because children no longer study poetry in school, and as a result we have raised an entire generation of adults unable to imagine a creative metaphor or simile.
Once there was a brave soul calling it a
Industrial car wash detergent scent.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
A classic thread from 2008.

Thank you kindly for providing me even with a link. I will read it for sure.

No one has provided any scientific evidence that Arko smells like a urinal cake. Someone said it years ago and we in this degraded age are so unimaginative it is the only description we can conjure. And not without reason. I believe the "Arko smells like a urinal" belief persists because children no longer study poetry in school, and as a result we have raised an entire generation of adults unable to imagine a creative metaphor or simile.

The airport bathroom-
red label outlasts cockroaches.
Fine urinal cakes.

Red coloring: mine

I'd point out that urinal cakes are there to cover up the smell of the urinal. So Arko smells a lot better than the urinal.

OTOH, it's too much fun to bust on the Arko-holics to ever give up on that.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Have you met Springs1 yet? :whistling:
I always thought of that as more of a "Public Service Announcement!"

But that was priceless. If only I knew how to link things, but @Cal or someone else refuses to show me how. It sure ain't that I'm too stoopid to do it.

But someone needs to link the "I found a dead badger" thread. THAT is one thread for sure everyone that everyone needs to read.

I have an Arko stick that I haven't tried yet, and I feel like I've had it for a long time. Do they expire, or should this still be good to go? Any idea what the dates mean?

IMG_20210606_120440.jpg

I like haiku!

Savon de Marseille scent arises
White mountains of deceitful lather
Citronella awaits
Your first two lines were nine syllables each and your last line was six syllables, for a 9-9-6 syllable structure. IIRC, a haiku is supposed to follow the 5-7-5 structure.

How's this instead?
Savon de Marseilles
Deceitful white lather mounts
Citronella waits

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
That virtually all of the poetry in this thread is written in imitation of Japanese Haiku, and not in a western metered style, is evidence of my point that we no longer teach poetry in our schools.

Let's see someone write an Arko sonnet- 14 lines, 10 syllables per line. How about some traditional English rhyme schemes? A coupled rhyme, or a Ballade? A simple 4 line or an enclosed rhyme? A triplet, or a tercet?

If you don't understand the previous paragraph, you've made my point. Your grandparents, if they attended high school, would have learned these simple poetic structures.

Now let's see some rhyming couplets about the scent of Arko!

There once was a man from Nantucket
He heard that some people thought Arko smelled like a urinal puck and chucked it
He was shocked and in disbelief but then said with a grin and a sly wipe of his chin
Well, I will just go pick up their sticks and shave with it

Top Bottom