What's new

A thread that isn't really about "Opinions on Arko Scent"

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
there was a youtuber that compared it to the scent of brand new shoes/tennis if you were to get a whiff of a pair in a shopping mall or something. i think that's dead on accurate.
The new shoe smell is one I've never heard before. I love the new shoe smell. I don't get it from Arko, but I don't get the urinal cake or Ivory soap associations either. It just smells like cheaply produced no nonsense soap to me, which is why I think many associate it with public toilets. 'Tis rare to find triple milled and gently perfumed French soap available in a public toilet. No, you find something that has a clean, strong, no nonsense soap scent. Not unlike Arko.

Owen Bawn

Niall Tobin was a favourite of my father 😂
I'm old enough to have seen him do a one man show in which he portrayed Brendan Behan, though I can't recall which Dublin theatre it was in. A brilliant actor, really. And a proud Corkman. He & his wife spoke only Irish in the home.

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
I'm old enough to have seen him do a one man show in which he portrayed Brendan Behan, though I can't recall which Dublin theatre it was in. A brilliant actor, really. And a proud Corkman. He & his wife spoke only Irish in the home.
My Dad had a video of his a relative brought from Ireland that he wore out watching.

Owen Bawn

I don't know if any of you jokers have ever investigated urinal cakes, but they cost waaaay more money than Arko costs. And there's no single "urinal puck" scent- they have as many different scents as there are among shave soaps. So there...

So you just turned the whole narration on its head from. "Arko is cheap and smells strong like a urinal puck" to "Arko is so cheap and smells so strong, it can replace a urinal puck" !

Lately, I've been bitten quite a few times by mosquitoes. I think I should break out the Arko and rub it all over myself. Hopefully, this will repel the mosquitoes. Unfortunately, it might also induce anosmia in me and cause me to smell like Arko. I'm not sure the latter is worth not being eaten alive by mosquitoes! 😉

Used Arko this morning. I didn't even notice the scent (and no, I am not affected by the Woo-Hoo Flu). Just a great lather and great shave.
Same here. Smushed Arko in my Old Spice mug is my typical Monday shave. I'm willing to bet the scent has muted a bit living in the mug but it was just a pleasant soapy vaguely lemony/citronella scent for me. Slapped some Stetson AS over it and any remembrance of the Arko scent was gone.

I don't know if any of you jokers have ever investigated urinal cakes, but they cost waaaay more money than Arko costs. And there's no single "urinal puck" scent- they have as many different scents as there are among shave soaps. So there...

Today I learned that you can get many different urinal puck scents, urinal screens are scented and... Urinal pucks cost about the same as Arko. Coincidence? I say thee nay!

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"

Put me down for one each of the cherry, mango, lavender, and of course, the citrus!

Top Bottom