What's new

A thread that isn't really about "Opinions on Arko Scent"

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
All of you here are so self-centred. You only think of yourself when experiencing ARKO. What about how your partner finds the scent of ARKO.

I have three different shaving soap sticks; ARKO, Tabac (tallow) and Derby. I have asked all my girlfriends which scent of each of those soaps they prefer most. All of them picked ARKO as their preferred scent. The comments were mainly like "it smells so manly".

My girlfriends are all Asian and in their twenties.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
I saw in another thread that Fine Accoutrements are now offering an authentic fake Pinaud Clubman 'tribute' soap and splash. Now you can get Clubman after shave in the USA for $6 or $7 the bottle, so Fine selling a $20 knockoff seems really stupid, but there's something illogical and counterintuitive about the way shaving nuts like us approach these things, so I predict the $20 fake Clubman will have strong sales.

Fine ought to make an Arko tribute soap, and charge in excess of $20 for each one. I suggest they call it "Nose Ark."

Fine ought to make an Arko tribute soap, and charge in excess of $20 for each one. I suggest they call it "Nose Ark."

The could also call it “Fine Breeze”.

8BDDF4A8-4040-48D0-BDA6-F4EA1B5E51EC.jpeg

Owen Bawn

The could also call it “Fine Breeze”.

View attachment 1330360
I still believe that the association of Arko with a urinal puck is based not in reality but in the failure of American educators to awaken the poetic soul in our children. People say that Arko smells like a urinal because they haven't developed the imagination to describe it in more creative terms.

I still believe that the association of Arko with a urinal puck is based not in reality but in the failure of American educators to awaken the poetic soul in our children. People say that Arko smells like a urinal because they haven't developed the imagination to describe it in more creative terms.

Of course as usual, you’re absolutely right. It’s not just urinal cakes, it’s something more ethereal, more elusive. The scent of Arko is a cosmic question without an answer. A fragrant symphony lost to the abyss of time. It is a mystery wrapped in a riddle, THEN wrapped again, in a piece of blue urinal cake paper.

Sometimes I wonder if the Arko marketing people ever read these forums and think to themselves “what… “

Owen Bawn

Of course as usual, you’re absolutely right. It’s not just urinal cakes, it’s something more ethereal, more elusive. The scent of Arko is a cosmic question without an answer. A fragrant symphony lost to the abyss of time. It is a mystery wrapped in a riddle, THEN wrapped again, in a piece of blue urinal cake paper.

Sometimes I wonder if the Arko marketting people ever read these forums and think to themselves “what… “
Now you're talking! I like the way you're thinking!

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
Or schools could stop using urinal pucks that smell like Arko

Owen Bawn

In my 1970s school the urinal pucks definitely smelt like Arko. The soap looked and smelled like Fairy washing up liquid but clung to your hands no matter how much water you used to try and wash it off
We've been through this before. I'm sorry you weren't sent to a better school. I was educated by the Jesuits, so our soap smelled like the triple milled stuff you'd see in a posh Paris hotel. I'm certain the same would have been true at Stonyhurst or Clongowes Wood.

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
We've been through this before. I'm sorry you weren't sent to a better school. I was educated by the Jesuits, so our soap smelled like the triple milled stuff you'd see in a posh Paris hotel. I'm certain the same would have been true at Stonyhurst or Clongowes Wood.
Yeah mine was just a bog standard Catholic school, we were lucky they didn't say using soap was a sin. Judging by the state of the hard, shiny toilet paper they must have thought using it was a sin you had to be punished for.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
What’s all this talk about hanging out in men’s restrooms anyway. Real men pee off their front porch.
All of you here are so self-centred. You only think of yourself when experiencing ARKO. What about how your partner finds the scent of ARKO.

I have three different shaving soap sticks; ARKO, Tabac (tallow) and Derby. I have asked all my girlfriends which scent of each of those soaps they prefer most. All of them picked ARKO as their preferred scent. The comments were mainly like "it smells so manly".

My girlfriends are all Asian and in their twenties.
I just can’t believe the number of urinal sniffers here.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Arko doesn't smell that bad. It's more like a bar of soap smell...a minor hint of lemon, but mostly...soap.

Reactions: GNR
Top Bottom