What's new

A thread that isn't really about "Opinions on Arko Scent"

And while the boys were definitely more difficult/demanding/frustrating/expensive/time consuming, and I still have 2 of them to "finish" LOL, they are pretty special as well.

LOL, they do develop more quickly than we men do haha. Mine had a plan in grade school that did not include boys. She held that plan through college and into a career. There may have been a boy or 2 along the way, but they were not priority. She is now married with a happy family, a nice home, and a lucrative career. Not sure if you can tell, but I am exceedingly proud of her!
Good job Dad! Sounds like your daughter is wicked smart and had a good plan. No plan is ever executed without help and support, that’s where you come in.

Good job Dad! Sounds like your daughter is wicked smart and had a good plan. No plan is ever executed without help and support, that’s where you come in.
Well thanks. I am afraid I deserve VERY little of the credit, but I did help a bit along the way. She taught me as much, and more, than I ever helped her, in my eyes.

M

mtcn77

I did a trial yesterday which I concluded, some of the ingredients must be dissolving at an increased amount causing the off-putting smell.
I did indeed smell it before when I was loading it from a bloom container. All I did now for the test is cutting a single use "penny" out of the stick soap and lathering it up in the bowl.

LOL!

When you consider that we’re a bunch of fellas who cannot choose between 21 soaps or 12 razors, explaining that all of your children are equally loved by you is absolutely not necessary!
Do you give them good nicknames??
For example: Son #1 = ARKO
Son #2 = Wolfman
Son #3 = Puck
and your daughter’s nickname = GEM
LOL.

So I’m down to a nub on my very first Arko stick. Too little to hold onto to wipe on my face. What is the strategy to use that last little bit?

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
So I’m down to a nub on my very first Arko stick. Too little to hold onto to wipe on my face. What is the strategy to use that last little bit?
Either plop it on the top of your next stick or puck, smoosh it into the bottom of a bowl, or cup it in the palm of your hand and load your brush.

M

mtcn77

Take a pocket knife and drop a penny size into a lathering bowl. Once the brush loads it up, add water little by little. The key is to ensure evenness. If you start with free water in the bowl, the soap won't absorb water twice for even consistency, imho.
I had a shave today the way I said and afterwards it didn't leave soapscale residue on the razor. That one feature puts it in top rank for me in terms of ease of use. Props to edta.

Last edited by a moderator:

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
This morning I rubbed the Arko stick on my face and hit it with a synthetic Simpson Duke 3, dampened but not wet. Beautiful lather. Each time I dribbled a few more drops of water into the knot the lather exploded again. Took about 22 dribbles to get the lather thinned to perfection. Left to its own devices, Arko and a synthetic brush will lead to a massive Santa beard every time. Looks good for the camera but when I shave I want my lather thin, wet, and shiny, stopping just short of runny. I've used Arko pretty regularly for 10 years and I still consistently use way too much. Because it's just so much fun.

This morning I rubbed the Arko stick on my face and hit it with a synthetic Simpson Duke 3, dampened but not wet. Beautiful lather. Each time I dribbled a few more drops of water into the knot the lather exploded again. Took about 22 dribbles to get the lather thinned to perfection. Left to its own devices, Arko and a synthetic brush will lead to a massive Santa beard every time. Looks good for the camera but when I shave I want my lather thin, wet, and shiny, stopping just short of runny. I've used Arko pretty regularly for 10 years and I still consistently use way too much. Because it's just so much fun.
It just works incredibly well regardless of price.

Top Bottom