What's new

Opinions on AOS Sandalwood and Cypress

I notice a 30ml of this cologne and wondered what you're opinions are on it? To me it's strong, but small sprays to the neck and wrists and I should be fine. I have dry skin but I don't think that'll be a problem I think right? It's $7 at my Tj Maxx.

Also what are your thoughts on this soap? Don't want anything drying on my skin.

Attachments

• 15790585944115730241868878251918.jpg
    15790585944115730241868878251918.jpg
    960.8 KB · Views: 26
  • 1579058886527484206759619864037.jpg
    1579058886527484206759619864037.jpg
    805.3 KB · Views: 25
  • 15790589026074702490016837845546.jpg
    15790589026074702490016837845546.jpg
    881.9 KB · Views: 24
Haven't tried the particular one in your picture, but Castelbel soaps are excellent, I would be buying several bars if I were you.

The newer AOS colognes are very nice but rather pricey in the store. I'd buy the cologne for sure. I haven't tried the soap so no suggestions there.

That seems like a fantastic deal on the fragrance. I have smelled it from a tester and remember generally liking it but not enough to pay full retail. Historically AOS Sandalwood was a very highly rated scent. I sure do not think you would be finding that one for $7. I do not know if they changed the sandalwood aspect of the newer scent and added cypress, which is sort of an evergreen note, if I recall correctly, or whether they kept the original ingredients for the sandalwood aspect of the scent. I will be stopping by a TJ Maxx to see if it has this one, though, and I will surely buy at this price.

Castelbel soaps are excellent, I would be buying several bars if I were you.

I agree, with a few comments. I own a bar of this particular soap, but have not tried it yet. Castelbel, though, is pretty much the only soap I use these days, and I have tried numerous flavors and have liked them all. I am pretty sensitive to soaps, and I would say this one is not likely to be at all drying. I will say that simply sniffing the opened but unused soap bar, this soap does not seem all that strongly scented with sandalwood and it is not going to be my favorite sandalwood scent, if sandalwood scent is the most important part of why you would buy this. Mysore Sandal Soap from from India, but widely available, is more strongly scented and a purer sandalwood scent to me. Probably cheaper, too, and excellent, non-drying soap. Still, at $4 a bar, I would--and, will, if i can find it, be buying this Castelbel up!

I really cannot say enough good about Castelbel soap.

Great deals! Good for TJ Maxx. Thanks for sharing!

That seems like a fantastic deal on the fragrance. I have smelled it from a tester and remember generally liking it but not enough to pay full retail. Historically AOS Sandalwood was a very highly rated scent. I sure do not think you would be finding that one for $7. I do not know if they changed the sandalwood aspect of the newer scent and added cypress, which is sort of an evergreen note, if I recall correctly, or whether they kept the original ingredients for the sandalwood aspect of the scent. I will be stopping by a TJ Maxx to see if it has this one, though, and I will surely buy at this price.

I agree, with a few comments. I own a bar of this particular soap, but have not tried it yet. Castelbel, though, is pretty much the only soap I use these days, and I have tried numerous flavors and have liked them all. I am pretty sensitive to soaps, and I would say this one is not likely to be at all drying. I will say that simply sniffing the opened but unused soap bar, this soap does not seem all that strongly scented with sandalwood and it is not going to be my favorite sandalwood scent, if sandalwood scent is the most important part of why you would buy this. Mysore Sandal Soap from from India, but widely available, is more strongly scented and a purer sandalwood scent to me. Probably cheaper, too, and excellent, non-drying soap. Still, at $4 a bar, I would--and, will, if i can find it, be buying this Castelbel up!

I really cannot say enough good about Castelbel soap.

Great deals! Good for TJ Maxx. Thanks for sharing!
Thanks for the input! I'll but the cologne after training today. I asked an employee her preference and she saris the cologne as well. I may pass on the soap as I'm looking at Sterling's shave products and see their honey and oat Shea butter soap. Have you or anyone tried them?

I picked that exact 30ml bottle of AOS S&C up last summer at a Marshall's or Ross' Dress for Less (can't really remember which it was...). I quite enjoy it, and actually wore it just yesterday. To my nose I smell mostly sandalwood, though my wife says it smells quite citrusy to her! Either way, it is a nice scent, and I wouldn't hesitate to pick it up!

Thanks for the input! I'll but the cologne after training today. I asked an employee her preference and she saris the cologne as well. I may pass on the soap as I'm looking at Sterling's shave products and see their honey and oat Shea butter soap. Have you or anyone tried them?

Just to be clear, the Castelbel is bath soap, not shaving soap. The Castelbel is a large bar of bath soap, and lasts a long time, but it still does not last forever.

I do not have any experience with Sterling products of any kind. I do seem to have a life time supply of shaving soaps and creams though. My experience with other brands of shea bath soaps is that they go very quickly. Too quickly!

I do not see how you could go wrong for $4 to try Castelbel.

I picked that exact 30ml bottle of AOS S&C up last summer at a Marshall's or Ross' Dress for Less (can't really remember which it was...). I quite enjoy it, and actually wore it just yesterday. To my nose I smell mostly sandalwood, though my wife says it smells quite citrusy to her! Either way, it is a nice scent, and I wouldn't hesitate to pick it up!
Understood. 😁😁😄

Just to be clear, the Castelbel is bath soap, not shaving soap. The Castelbel is a large bar of bath soap, and lasts a long time, but it still does not last forever.

I do not have any experience with Sterling products of any kind. I do seem to have a life time supply of shaving soaps and creams though. My experience with other brands of shea bath soaps is that they go very quickly. Too quickly!

I do not see how you could go wrong for $4 to try Castelbel.
I know it isn't a shaving soap and since you're not the first to state that then I may give the soap bar a shot. I just don't want anything that'll dry my skin out. Wonder what makes this product so well liked?

I own that AoS scent and quite like it. Scored the same deal you did and have no regrets.

I have also used numerous Castelbel soaps with no issues.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone for the input. I got the the cologne as the soap was gone when I looked for it but now I know to look for it whenever in the area. Imma enjoy this cologne whenever I'm out for the occasion.

The new iteration is a fresher take on their former pure sandalwood edt. This one opens with blast of bergamot and pepper, along with the cypress that gives it a green edge. Eventually the sandalwood becomes the main player and it's more reminiscent of the original Sandalwood edt.

The new iteration is a fresher take on their former pure sandalwood edt. This one opens with blast of bergamot and pepper, along with the cypress that gives it a green edge. Eventually the sandalwood becomes the main player and it's more reminiscent of the original Sandalwood edt.
Sounds good to me. I still cannot find it at TJ Maxx in the DC area.

Top Bottom