What's new

Opinions on Ace Shaving knots, good and bad.

At least you didn't drop them in a restored handle like me. :07:

I'm realizing the benefits of setting the knot with silicone instead of epoxy...

Yeah, I knew as soon as they arrived that they weren’t on par with any of the others I bought. I got one from a Chinese vendor on the ‘bay that was actually a great knot, but I couldn’t tell who a few of the senders were due to no english except for my name & address on the label so I don’t know who to reorder it from. I have to say I’ve grown fond of my Sheng. Not exactly the backbone of my other two bands because I had to make a large hole due to a massive glue bump, but it bridges the gap nicely between silvertips and firm two band finests. I’m certain the large hole has as much or more to do with that than the hairs themselves, but it’s still a favorite.

At least you didn't drop them in a restored handle like me. :07:

I'm realizing the benefits of setting the knot with silicone instead of epoxy...

What kind of silicone are you guys using? I'm about to restore 3 brushes, and if I can use something else that epoxy, I'd be very happy. I already did my travel brush and epoxied a Maggard razors' 20mm synthetic knot, and I'm very happy with it, so I have no problem with that one. But epoxy has always sound to me very permanent. Silicon sounds way better, and replaceable, just in case.

Top Bottom