What's new

Opinions on a gun belt.....

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
WHAT AN INGRATE!

I finally bought a gun belt a while back. A "Daltech steel core" one that is a bit of over kill for a little Ruger LCR.
View attachment 1138848
View attachment 1138846
Ya take yer pants off, throw 'em on yer bed, and they look like the Invisible Man is lying there with no shirt on and his pants unzipped.

Sorry for the visual!

I'd be able to hang from it if my upper body strength hadn't left me years ago!

But a strange thing happened on the way to the mailbox!

Mr @Acmemfg contacted me with an offer I couldn't refuse. He sent me a package with the return address of one "Wile E. Coyote!" True story doggone!

Okay, not 100% true. Inside the package was this thing of beauty, barely worn I swear:
View attachment 1138853
View attachment 1138854
View attachment 1138856
It rides and feels great!

Many thanks to all of you for the suggestions put forth, I now feel a need for a more tactical looking "nexbelt" that has infinite adjustability!

"A man's reach should exceed his grasp" if for no other reason than to help the economy my friends!

Congrats! That is a very handsome holster! And kudos to @Acmemfg for his awesome generosity. He is a great member of our sub-forum here and even greater gentleman! I wouldn't want to make him blush, but he has pm'd me with several offers in the past of truly, very, very nice leather holsters for some of my guns WAY cheaper then they were worth! I would have taken him up on it too, if like my pistol didn't have a weapons mounted light, or something or other that got in the way. :)

Heard Kore belts are very good, I've been wearing a miinimiliat belt that's worked very well. Made by Trayvax, after 9 months or so it's going well. Ultra thin and decently stuff for a small weapon if needed. I carried a scanner at my old job on it until recently.

I generally wear dress type slacks or docker types. I don't think I have any jeans left in my closet. I also use dress type belts, some more finely finished, others more casual, and generally 1 1/4 in width, some 1 1/2. I also carry IWB with a tuckable holster. so the band of my slacks also contribute some support to the holster. I usually wear suspenders, having a small belly that makes id more difficult to keep trousers up, so suspenders help, especially the Perry type that have big plastic clips the clip onto the belt, much like the clip on and IWB holster. Some of the belts are simply one layer of thicker leather, and I have a few true dress belts by Allen Edmonds that are of two layers, and do not notice a difference in carry. None have a stiffening inner layer that would probably be better for OWB carry of a heavy semi auto or revolver.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I generally wear dress type slacks or docker types. I don't think I have any jeans left in my closet. I also use dress type belts, some more finely finished, others more casual, and generally 1 1/4 in width, some 1 1/2. I also carry IWB with a tuckable holster. so the band of my slacks also contribute some support to the holster. I usually wear suspenders, having a small belly that makes id more difficult to keep trousers up, so suspenders help, especially the Perry type that have big plastic clips the clip onto the belt, much like the clip on and IWB holster. Some of the belts are simply one layer of thicker leather, and I have a few true dress belts by Allen Edmonds that are of two layers, and do not notice a difference in carry. None have a stiffening inner layer that would probably be better for OWB carry of a heavy semi auto or revolver.
The one I ended up with the steel core is probably overkill. I won't buy another. Great for jeans.

Steel core for me is perfection and all I own.
Daltech is where I buy from. I have a horsehide steel core that has stood up to daily wear in brutal conditions for a very long time and a bull hide steel core that is nicer for going out and church.

I finally simply wore out my first one and retired it after over a decade before getting the current two.

Life is too short for sagging holsters.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Steel core for me is perfection and all I own.
Daltech is where I buy from. I have a horsehide steel core that has stood up to daily wear in brutal conditions for a very long time and a bull hide steel core that is nicer for going out and church.

I finally simply wore out my first one and retired it after over a decade before getting the current two.

Life is too short for sagging holsters.
This makes me feel better about my Daltech. So far I really like it. I got it in Bull hide.

This makes me feel better about my Daltech. So far I really like it. I got it in Bull hide.
Give it a month to sort of mold to your body and it’ll feel like part of you. Honestly I have had gun belts that cost 3 times as much (fancier) but I won’t buy anything else but Daltech Steel Core now. They don’t show the horsehide, I had to call them to get the last one. Horse doesn’t absorb sweat and will be more durable for an everyday belt.

Top Bottom