What's new

Opinions Needed on a Rooney

I just won a vintage Rooney on eBay for under $20, along with a travel razor. The only brush I own is a Vulfix #2233, so I've long wanted a more "premium" brush. I'm hoping that this one qualifies.

Since I'm unschooled in the world of fine old badgers, would you please let me know if you think I got a good deal, which model this might be, and your opinions on it? Here's the link.

Thank you!

If its truly a badger brush, then you got a great deal the cheapest Roney's go for more than $50.

The razor looks like an Ever-Ready, which are good razors that use GEM-style blades.

If you want to give the razor a go, you can get blades from Ted Pella (medical supply company) among other places and there's a good thread over at SMF on how to use GEM and Ever-Ready single edged razors.

Looks like a good buy on your part.

Let us know how you like the brush.

Congrats!:thumbup:

You made a very good deal for $20,- but i don't no anything about this vintage Rooney model; BTW: is it stamped with the Rooney label??

Peter

drP said:
You made a very good deal for $20,- but i don't no anything about this vintage Rooney model; BTW: is it stamped with the Rooney label??

Peter

Unfortunately, all I know is what I see in the photos and I don't see a sticker shown. I don't know much about Rooneys, but at this price I thought I better jump in quickly and take my chances. Also, I knew I could check with the experts here on B&B to help me validate the brush's origins. Thanks!

Top Bottom