What's new

Opinions for Wedding Outfit

Okay, wedding tomorrow and it seems I have a quandry.

I have my khaki summer suit with my new pimpin-ain't-easy-shoes.

Now the shoes have silver trim, but my suspenders have gold hardware:

1) Will anyone notice?
2) Will anyone care?
3) Is it worth just wearing a belt instead?

Thanks!

1) Will anyone notice?
2) Will anyone care?

Thanks!

I personally think anyone who is worried about the way you are dressed has too much time on their hands or too few drinks. :biggrin:

Wear whatever makes you comfortable. Besides how many times have you ran across someone wearing black shoes with a brown belt. I see that often but who cares? If you are uncomfortable with the silver and gold combo go with the belt. I am sure you will look just fine.

BTW. I sent my 3 yr old to school yesterday in white capris and a pink shirt, yes I know it is after Labor day, but once again who cares. Who made the dress rules anyway?

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member

1) Will anyone notice?
2) Will anyone care?

Thanks!

1) maybe one or two
2) almost certainly not, unless they are really into style, in which case they will be too busy with those shoes
3) I'll pass up the "don't keep us in suspense ... decide" joke and say wear whichever of the two you prefer. Brace yourself for compliments.

1) maybe one or two
2) almost certainly not, unless they are really into style, in which case they will be too busy with those shoes
3) I'll pass up the "don't keep us in suspense ... decide" joke and say wear whichever of the two you prefer. Brace yourself for compliments.

Could you show us what "pimpin-ain't-easy" shoes are?

G

gone down south

I'm having a hard time visualizing said shoes, but I'm picturing a Bernie Mac type outfit. Am I in the right ballpark? Cause if so, the details are crucial in that look, and mismatching gold and silver is a big no.

Also, the dress code for said wedding is very, very important. If there's no dress code, a khaki suit would be okay. But if it's black tie optional, then you're definitely in trouble.

The rule on wedding is to dress conservatively and not do or wear anything which will take away from the happy couple. A khaki suit should be fine for a day wedding (I wouldn't do one at night though) unless there is a dress code. It's unlikely many people will notice the mismatched metal as long as it isn't garish. If it is then the problem is the garishness, not the mismatching.

I don't know what "pimpin-ain't-easy-shoes" are. Just follow the rule in my first sentence and you should be fine.

Speaking of: my 18 y/o cousin wore bright white athletic shoes without laces to my wedding along with dark khakis and an untucked button down. This wasn't a particularly formal event, but he stuck out like a sore thumb. Everyone did notice, everyone but him thought it was incredibly rude, and my wife is still angry about it. He probably thought he looked cool.

Everyone did notice, everyone but him thought it was incredibly rude, and my wife is still angry about it. He probably thought he looked cool.

Actually, that should probably be the number one rule. Do not wear anything that will make the bride angry.

Top Bottom