What's new

opinions for a dive watch

I do not have a nice dive watch, and the planet ocean is out of reach for now. whats't your opinion for a nice dive was in the 250-10K range?
does not need to be new, if it's vintage I won't mind scoping the bay for a quality peice

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
In that price range it is hard to beat a Seiko Monster ..
IMG_2647.JPG

That's a big range! Seiko at the low end, Rolex and Omega at the high end. Rolex stainless models are scarce at the moment, but they are still out there. Grand Seiko makes some immaculately finished pieces. They are on the large side for me, but can't beat the craftsmanship.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
That's a large price range. for actual use or a desk diver? Seiko 007 low end or vintage sub because you cant get a new one these days in stainless. I wouldn't dive with a vintage one myself.

I'm guessing that your initial post was meant to read 250 - 1K. If that is the case, either respond here or drop me a note and I can edit it for you.

I haven't looked at prices in a while, but I would look for a used Sinn U1. Great watch and should be available inside of a grand.

There are some good clones of Rolex dive watches around using Seiko movements and are very affordable, under $200.

I like the looks of a dive watch but dont use one to its full potential, the only pressure I want to feel at 100 metres is when I run past that Usain Bolt fella.

Legion

Staff member
If your price range is not a typo, get the Omega. My SMP was the best watch I ever owned.

I had the orange version of the Seiko 007, and it was ok, but too chunky for my wrist.

I have a soft spot for Vostok Amphibia. They are quirky, but I have a few and they all work well, are cheap, and I actually get quite a few compliments from watch geeks when I wear them. the Ak-47 of watches.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
I took the OP 's range to be up to $1000, since he indicates the Planet Ocean is too dear the Rollies would be as well. I'm often wrong in my assumptions though.

I do not have a nice dive watch, and the planet ocean is out of reach for now. whats't your opinion for a nice dive was in the 250-10K range?
does not need to be new, if it's vintage I won't mind scoping the bay for a quality peice

You can get a really nice Omega PO within your range if the 10k is correct on your higher limit, places like Bobs, DavidSw and a few others will do nicely

I have also heard good things about the the newer Steinhart watches

Last edited:
Keep an eye on Drop.com they usually have some decent selections at good prices. Be aware that orders are final.

Lots of good micro brands out there today... OceanX, Borealis, Obris Morgan, Steinhart, Armida, Helson, boldr, etc. make some amazing divers for the price.

Top Bottom