What's new

Opinions: Best razor that is available on the market currently

I'd say one of the best razors out there is Razorock Lupo. It's easily obtainable, affordable, shaves well, and is built to last with high grade aluminum.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Honestly, get a Gillette New Long Comb.

Best hundred year old razor on the market, lol!

Or a Gillette Tech. Mine's from 1962. If I was still working, it would be my go to every AM. You can't possibly hurt yourself with it, unless you tried, and then it would be difficult.

The Rex Ambassador deserves consideration. I really like mine and that is really all I can say. This is like asking which is the best luxury sedan.

Treat yourself with the new Tradere OC that is being reprised by Blackland.
Iconic design, nice efficiency, they look superb.
And great service
I swore off new razors, but am really really looking forward to this. I'll wait for reviews etc. but this one may make me break my vow of vintage only. 😆 The pics I have seen are absolutely stunning. If it shaves as good as it looks I will probably spring for one.

Honestly, get a Gillette New Long Comb.

Best hundred year old razor on the market, lol!

Or a Gillette Tech. Mine's from 1962. If I was still working, it would be my go to every AM. You can't possibly hurt yourself with it, unless you tried, and then it would be difficult.

I will see your Long Comb and raise it by a Short Comb! Actually lately I've been alternating between the NEW SC and a Tech. Truth be told, I really don't need anything else. Except my Red Tip.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I will see your Long Comb and raise it by a Short Comb! Actually lately I've been alternating between the NEW SC and a Tech. Truth be told, I really don't need anything else. Except my Red Tip.
Understood!

Someday I will get me a short comb. But like you, there is very little I NEED, lol.

My weakness is scents, because I have no sense!

Last edited:
The Rex Ambassador is a very good razor and it's damn good lookin. But to be honest, my favourite razor these days is a Rockwell 6s. Neither the prettiest nor the most high tech invention. But... Good shaves, mild as well as close, every day. No gimmicks, just a very good tool. For me with a build in autopilot...

Gesendet von meinem Redmi Note 4 mit Tapatalk

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
I will see your Long Comb and raise it by a Short Comb!

I'll see your SC and raise you an Old Type!

v1-56323d9bd390431f1b8b45ec.jpg

I've just bought a Fendrihan stainless steel with PVD coated head. On sale $50 cdn. Sadly it shaves as good as my Karve, GC.84 and others. Looks great too. Great addition to my den without breaking the bank (this time).

I'll see your SC and raise you an Old Type!

View attachment 1040444

Oddly enough I just got one of those from razor emporium. I had ordered a NEW SC with a repro handle. I got an old type head on a repro handle. I wonder if I should keep it? I sent them two emails and no response, but I am sure they are slammed with black Friday cyber Monday. I was initially really unhappy. I think it is a thin cap. I'll look at it more closely later tonight. Maybe the Universe intervened and sent me what I needed rather than what I wanted. At any rate, their site shows no NEW SC in stock so I will probably not get what I ordered anyway. I ordered a week before black Friday and it was in stock at the time

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
I’ll see your Old Type and raise you a Bulldog.
View attachment 1040449

giphy.gif

Oddly enough I just got one of those from razor emporium. I had ordered a NEW SC with a repro handle. I got an old type head on a repro handle. I wonder if I should keep it? I sent them two emails and no response, but I am sure they are slammed with black Friday cyber Monday.

R E strikes again!

Try searching about them in the forum.

This is getting weird. Razors are becoming like Rolex watches. It's a tool, not a status symbol.
:skep:

How true and astute observation ... it's getting a little over the top.

Best available rather than soon to released razor:

Charcoal Goods Level 2 (best high priced and most beautiful handle choices)
Karve Brass - pick your plate and handle length (best value priced but not cheapest)

If you want a razor that demands constant attention, R41 is that razor for me.
If you want a mindless good close shave the EJ DE 89 works for me.
If you want something midway a .95 base plate Timeless Ti or SS does the trick for me.
There are dozens of other razors in each category to try out that work for me and for others.
Good luck with the hunt.

Top Bottom