What's new

Opinions: Best razor that is available on the market currently

I was thinking about wrapping up the year with a new razor. I am leaning toward one, which will remain nameless to prevent any enablers from tempting me. But, still not committed to anything at this point.
I am looking for razors that are available and obtainable. Not looking to be placed on a wait list for years.

Best for what? Any requirements or constraints? How about a budget?

You probably know asking for consensus on "best" of anything on a shave forum is usually a hopeless endeavor. :crazy:

Yeah, there is no "best" for everyone.

What is your skill level?
What is your beard like?
What is your skin like?
Do you like open combs or safety bars?
do you ride the cap or the bar/comb?
Do you prefer mild or aggressive razors?
What is your preferred blade?
Do you have a weight preference?
Do you care where it is manufactured?
Do you care what it is made out of?
Do you care whether it is cast or milled?
What is your handle length preference?
Do you need a matching stand?
How much do you want to spend?
What kind of finish do you prefer?

All that said, I like the Blackland Oxide Blackbird open comb.

+1 on the Blackland Blackbird. Best razor I’ve used.

Took down both of my Timeless razors, my Karve, and a bunch of others.

Treat yourself with the new Tradere OC that is being reprised by Blackland.
Iconic design, nice efficiency, they look superb.
And great service

I was thinking about wrapping up the year with a new razor. I am leaning toward one, which will remain nameless to prevent any enablers from tempting me. But, still not committed to anything at this point.
I am looking for razors that are available and obtainable. Not looking to be placed on a wait list for years.
The best is usually the last one I bought. The Mamba 70 is the eighth razor I purchased and hands down my favourite. The tight tolerances give a me the best blade feedback of any razors I have. It is a well balanced good looking razor and the smoothest shaver. I have the barber pole handle. I haven’t heard or read of any one being disappointed with the stainless steel offerings from ItalianBarber and the price point is difficult to argue with.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
wpb9286668_05_06.jpg

To answer your question...

1. Wolfman WR2 - not available
2. Raw Shaving RS-10 - not available

The order may vary a bit here depending on what you like in a razor.
3. Timeless
4. Charcoal Goods
5. Blackland
6. Karve

If you were to provide a bit more information about what you like in a razor as well as your budget you could get a more specific recommendation.

Even a watch is a tool, if you think about it. If it keeps time, it does its job.

Similarly, if a razor provides a satisfactory shave, it does its job.

Having said that, there is no reason for a person to not get whatever kind of watch it whatever kind of razor he desires, regardless of how ridiculous it may seem to other people, as long he can afford to buy it without jeopardizing the health or welfare of himself or his family.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
This is getting weird. Razors are becoming like Rolex watches. It's a tool, not a status symbol.
:skep:
It also can be a bit like the soap of the moment. Last year it was Wholly Kaw. This year it's Murphy and McNeil. Next year it will be something else. I stick with my tried and true. Refer to post #8.

Even a watch is a tool, if you think about it. If it keeps time, it does its job.
Oh, I know. The whole utility vs. luxury debate goes back to the ancient Greeks, and earlier I'm sure.

The question still hangs in the air: "Best for what?". Is there any need, any requirement, any budget? Or is this simply a status thing, like the screeching in a baboon tribe?

I make my financial statement with a Van Der Hagan razor with a short handle. It shaves perfectly, too. Well, I did have to upgrade the blades.

Top Bottom