What's new

Opinions and review?

I've never heard of them, but it isn't possible to make a razor for that price in Germany. Other than that they look nice.

Yes. I concur, those are unlikely to be made in Germany.
I had bad luck with a different brand of cheap razor that were branded as being made from German surgical-grade stainless steel that never took an edge. In the end, I lost $20 or so and the 1/2 day I wasted trying to hone it.
So I'd do it again.

Something that price won't be shave ready, or even anywhere close, but if you can hone and you are willing to advance the science and our collective knowledge of what can shave, I'd say go for it.
After all, when some adventurers started experimenting on Double Arrows and later on Gold Dollars, they were banned from some sites for heresy. Yet they persevered and we learned a lot from it.

For new razors, I've had good luck with the Titan in the same price range. I got the ones with wooden scales, which are nice. However, the 2 I got did not come shave ready and some work was required honing them.

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
HSS is not very good for making razors. We have seen these around, and the general consensus is that it is an RSO, or Razor-Shaped Object, meant only to sell and not to be successfully shaved with. HSS is used for lathe tools, drill bits, etc and not cutlery.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
For new razors, I've had good luck with the Titan in the same price range. I got the ones with wooden scales, which are nice. However, the 2 I got did not come shave ready and some work was required honing them.
I tend to agree with totorlekiller, you would be better off buying a Titan VG10-HZ or ACRM-2 blade for about that price or a bit cheaper. They won't come shave ready (like most new blades) but they will be relatively easy to get there.I would also suggest one of the Gold Dollar W series.

If your budget can afford it, also consider a Titan ACRO type razor. Very good quality steel but hard (good for edge retention) so not as easy to hone.

Top Bottom