What's new

Opinion on Fat Boy Prices

I have researched the ongoing listing for Fat Boy's both on the bay and the BST for values. They are all over the place, from $20 to $400 in various listings. Date codes doesn't seem to matter when it comes to price. I have three Fat Boys, (F2, I1 and a H1) and when the time comes that I can post in BST, I would like to price them correctly. All three are in various stages of condition, not pristine but not user grade either. Not trying to sell them so I don't know if posting pictures would be ok. Just looking of opinions.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
I love mine - and you are right, the prices are all over the place. That said, asking for valuations is frowned upon here - as a new member you might not have picked that up.

Graydog

Biblical Innards
Well I guess my question would be if you bought them for a certain price wouldn't that be the value of your razors?

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Look at past BST sales (which you say you have) and price them accordingly. The $400 ones are either NOS, bottom dials or Red Dots. No normal FB are going for $400.

If you want top dollar, put them on eBay.
Well said.

I liked mine okay. Was glad to see it go in the auction for St. Sue....

I just found that the adjustability was lost on me. Once I dialed it in (on the first shave) it stayed on "5".... So for a $15 purchase at an antique store I wasn't out much by letting it go, ha!

And if I haven't already, welcome to B and B my friend!

Ebay prices are always good for a laugh. I've heard some people say they take a few listings that have sold and look to be the same condition then take the average of say 3 listings.

I can't believe anyone would pay over $40 for one but I've been out of the game for a while.

Top Bottom