What's new

Opinion needed

Change or leave it ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Graydog

Biblical Innards
I put this together Walnut and Cherry
And was thinking about changing the top part of the handle to a solid piece of ethier walnut or Cherry or I can just leave it as is . I still have to finish shaping it .
Cherry & Walnut.jpg

If going to be a boar knot or light colored synthetic - Cherry
If going to be a badger or darker colored synthetic - Walnut
With some synthetic colorings or faux badger boars (yuck!) I might leave as is.

I agree with @Clay S as far as the color suggestions, although I don't share his aversion to badger. Sorry Clay we can't agree on everything.
And I'm pretty sure you are referring to the knot end of the handle or what I call the brush cup when you say top.

I agree with @Clay S as far as the color suggestions, although I don't share his aversion to badger. Sorry Clay we can't agree on everything.
And I'm pretty sure you are referring to the knot end of the handle or what I call the brush cup when you say top.

I don't care for boar colored to poorly resemble badger, which is what I meant by faux badger boar. Bleached or Natural looks better. Badgers make fine looking brushes as well, though I would rarely use it as I like them for bowl lathering, and don't bowl lather. :)

here is my favorite opinion:
I think all righthtinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired.

I don't care for boar colored to poorly resemble badger, which is what I meant by faux badger boar. Bleached or Natural looks better. Badgers make fine looking brushes as well, though I would rarely use it as I like them for bowl lathering, and don't bowl lather. :)

Ok. I misunderstood. I don't like the look of the fake stripe on boar either.

Steve, you have made another beautiful handle. Keep it as it is. No matter what the knot you will put in it, it will be a beauty.

The handle looks great. I probably would do a solid wood on the top, but it still looks fantastic as is. A nice boar would look great in it, in my opinion. I certainly love the boars, although the badger is very good as well.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom