What's new

Open Your Storage: Oldest Soap

Anyone interested in getting in? Lets have it!!!!

Curious to see what is the oldest soap you have, when was the last time it was used, and how does it still perform (lathering, post-shave, and scent, etc...). Post pics too!

I am a newbie to starting a collection and before just had 1 soap in stock. Would reorder when it almost ran out. But has to be a Haslinger which is now in rotation and is 4 months old (lol). Obviously no difference to note - easy lather, no scent, and good foam.

I think my oldest is an original MDC with the paper label, must be nearly ten years old. When I first bought it, the lavender oil or something similar burned my skin, but in the ensuing years it’s mellowed out, an still going strong at about 75% full.

I’m like the OP in that i usually have just one soap that’s currently in use, but i DO have an Arko stick i use for travel that sees use only a few times a month. I’ve had it about 2 years now and it still lathers perfectly and though the scent strength isn’t like it was new, it’s still pretty potent (it is Arko after all!) Don’t have any pics but it looks like you’d think a half used shave stick would hahaha.

I believe that I have some vintage OS from the 70s in the bottom of my ’storage’ container.

I've got several Old Spice pucks dating from the 1960s amd 1970s, one of which I've been using in rotation over the last year or so. I've also got a couple of pucks of Yardley of a similar vintage, having finished another one a few months ago. I'll start one of them when the fancy takes me.

Art of Shaving Tallow Sandalwood, age unknown. Bought a few years ago as new old stock.

Not soap, but Coates shave cream is from 1997 and works perfectly.

Very early (1938-1941) Old Spice box set exactly like the one in this link.

The soap still lathers nicely and the scent is Only slightly less than my 1950’s Old Spice soap.
I save this for shaving on my dad’s birthday (May 3, 1938).

Stirling Barbershop bought in 12/2019 when I made the switch. I'm up to about 8 soaps/creams in my rotation.

Top Bottom