What's new

Open Comb March is Coming!

There are those who will look to the calendar and think of nothing but March Madness, others recall the Ides of March, yet others will note that March comes in like a lion, and goes out like a lamb.

But not us! No, we merry band of wet shaving brothers know that when the Calendar turns it can mean only thing!

The arrival of Open Comb March! The time of year when we use only our Open Combs for the entire time, exploring the wonders of the design, the efficiency, and in some cases the blood lust. :biggrin1:

Start getting those Open Combs polished and ready! March will be here sooner than you think!

This will be a great excuse to use my Grandfather's Gem.

Attachments

• $GEM.jpg
    $GEM.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 143
I'll using one or all of the following: a ball end LC New, a common bar SC New, a vintage Merkur, a Federal stainless steel OC, and a replated Old Type.

So many open comb razors, so few days in March. This year I have mostly been using my BRW short-comb NEW. Maybe I will open up March with the Probak.

Or it could be time for some Made in England shaves.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll be using my #15 that im waiting on, should be here around tuesday or wednesday then ill send it off for replating.

Perhaps this year we can make it a little more interesting, with each person deciding on the best Open Comb Razor they have, Double Edge and Single Edge. Yes, you can certainly use an injector!

I have a UFO handle on order. That may give me a reason to use my Fatip Piccolo which I hardly use at the moment. Hopefully it'll come before March...

I've been using my OC Cadet almost exclusively since I got it, so I don't think participating here will be too difficult.

I joined B&B in April 2012, so I completely missed OC March. Sounds fun. I'm already going to make March "Croap Month"..... so why not use nothing but open combs as well? Of course, this means I will need to go an entire month without using my Atlas R1. :a36:

(Maybe it's time to get the Tradere OC and a Joris) :biggrin1:

Ben

Sounds fun, i usually swap up my razor/soap every shave, well i try to so this will be different using just one razor.

I've used Gillette OC's, have a GEM OCMM, love my Cooper and my Segal, but just for Open Comb March, I picked this up off the bay. Hope it shaves as good as it sounds!
$rotbartmond.JPG

I think this year, I will use the GEM OCMM first, followed by the Muhle R41 OC, then the Merkur 12C. Not sure what will follow the 12C at this point.

I have a Gem MM already...and did not care for the shave (sorry !).

I've got an R41 incoming though...that counts right ?

I have a Gem MM already...and did not care for the shave (sorry !).

I've got an R41 incoming though...that counts right ?

Yes, if the Manufacturer calls it an Open Comb, it is an Open Comb. Case Closed. :biggrin1: Ludovicus Locutus Est. Causa Finita Est. :biggrin1:

Top Bottom