What's new

Open Comb Aristocrat Score! But it has an issue

So I finally managed to snag one of these.
$SANY0082.jpg

But when you twiist to open the bottom knob pokes out like this.

$SANY0083.jpg

But if you push the knob up it opens correctly and everything seems to align properly.
$SANY0084.jpg

Is there a way to fix this or do you just live with it? It does snap back in when you push it up. Maybe a good soak will help. ANyone with experience with this, what do you think?

Thats how they operate, push to open.

No Alex is joking... It is a dropped knob... I think it's covered here once a month... Follow link and do that

I don't use a clamp I load the whole handle into a bench vice... Stick two nails against the vice faces and line them up to the groove... Tighten the vice a little so there's some pressure and roll the handle around in the vice... Hard to explain.. Easy fix

I used a handle off of a binder clip to repair mine. There is a video how to do it that way somewhere around here. That worked really well for me.

No Alex is joking... It is a dropped knob... I think it's covered here once a month... Follow link and do that

I don't use a clamp I load the whole handle into a bench vice... Stick two nails against the vice faces and line them up to the groove... Tighten the vice a little so there's some pressure and roll the handle around in the vice... Hard to explain.. Easy fix
No, i didnt notice the last pic of the dropped handle, send him to the proper fix it link.

So I finally managed to snag one of these.
View attachment 397515

But when you twiist to open the bottom knob pokes out like this.

View attachment 397516

But if you push the knob up it opens correctly and everything seems to align properly.
View attachment 397517

Is there a way to fix this or do you just live with it? It does snap back in when you push it up. Maybe a good soak will help. ANyone with experience with this, what do you think?

Try this http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/317100-Dropped-Knob-syndrome-on-a-Sheraton

I'll get a little clamp tomorrow and give it a go. I think it's close to working now, and just needs to loosen up, but that will help.

And the ID? Is it the 34 Aristocrat?

If all else fails, send it to me. I will make sure it gets the attention it needs....and a replate. I'll PayPal you postage and a small condolence fee. :001_cool:

Top Bottom