What's new

Oooops! Forgot to take my brush on vacation

So, DW and I finally arrive at our remote rental cabin in the north Georgia mountains and as I am unpacking my shave kit I discover I forgot to pack the brush. The next morning, I pull out the Arko that I had put in a plastic tube and started rubbing my wet face with it. Then, I wet my fingers and was able to make enough of a lather for a 2 pass shave.

Well, the next day I tried the local grocery store and found a VDH kit that contained a brush, soap, and a bowl. Paid $10 for it! I was surprised that I was able to get a decent lather using those 3 items. The slickness and scent were just okay, so I was back to the Arko with the brush for my 3rd and final shave of the short vacation.

Just anther shaving adventure!

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
I would have just let it grow. But good that the kit worked out for you.

Everything works out in northern Georgia - grin. Beautiful part of the country and one of my favorite areas.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I might have been tempted to use gel for such a short term. The soap and bowl would have been useful though.

Must be beautiful this time of year up there.

Should have improvised a brush by grabbing a handful of pine-needles and bind them to a pinecone with para-cord.

The kit is really underestimated in my opinion.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Forgot your brush? I once forgot to take my wife, but never my brush.

So, DW and I finally arrive at our remote rental cabin in the north Georgia mountains and as I am unpacking my shave kit I discover I forgot to pack the brush. The next morning, I pull out the Arko that I had put in a plastic tube and started rubbing my wet face with it. Then, I wet my fingers and was able to make enough of a lather for a 2 pass shave.

Well, the next day I tried the local grocery store and found a VDH kit that contained a brush, soap, and a bowl. Paid $10 for it! I was surprised that I was able to get a decent lather using those 3 items. The slickness and scent were just okay, so I was back to the Arko with the brush for my 3rd and final shave of the short vacation.

Just anther shaving adventure!

Need to keep a synthetic brush in your DOP kit for just such an occasion. :001_cool:

always enjoyed the n georgia mountains in spring!
here is the restored rabun gap train depot, across from the school!

rabun_gap_0097.jpg

I once went on a fishing trip to Canada and forgot my shaving brush. I stopped at various stores from FL to Indiana and then on to Canada without finding a brush. When I got home I took my Muhle Silvertip Fibre brush and put it in my shaving kit and there it safely remains ready for every trip.

I would have just let it grow.

HAHA. I can't imagine not shaving every day - certainly not for 3 days straight. Plus, we went to church up in Blairsville, GA the 3rd day. Can't show up to church all scruffy!

Has Barbasol improved in the past 25 years? That's about how long it's been since I last used it, and it didn't have a lick of slickness.

Has Barbasol improved in the past 25 years? That's about how long it's been since I last used it, and it didn't have a lick of slickness.
Yeah it'll do in a pinch. I use it quite a bit when I'm just on the road for a day or two..I find it to be as slick as anything out there if not better that comes in a can.

Top Bottom