What's new

Ooni

This cannot possibly be legit, can it? $97????

Anyone know anything about this place? I did a quick Google search and not much came up about this website.

ylekot

On the lookout for a purse
Wow that's cheap! Not sure if I trust it. You are right to be suspicious but I have found bargains like that before. Soory I'm not much help.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Big difference between the wood/charcoal model and the multi-fuel model. I could see the former being much more deeply discounted.
I'd definitely prefer the wood - charcoal model.... I've got enough wood around here! I've had the woodstove fired up three mornings in a row now!

To quote Jack White "I think I smell a rat".

Sse if Home Depot or Lowe's will price match.

The fact that I can add 1 or 999 of them to my cart and get free shipping to Canada, throws up some red flags.

I'm guessing it's not legit. Address comes up to a strip mall with a Subway.

Last edited:

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
To quote Jack White "I think I smell a rat".

No, no, is filigree Siberian hamster!

1664508961647.png

Big difference between the wood/charcoal model and the multi-fuel model. I could see the former being much more deeply discounted.
I think it is the Karu model in each instance, which comes ready to use wood or charcoal, but you can buy an Ooni adaptor to use propane. Ooni had one for natural gas, too, but I read they were having problems with it.

Cool suggestion to see if HD or Lowes will price match.

Seems too good to be true.

Last edited:
I wouldn't trust it. I've seen similar websites before selling at too-good-to-be-true prices, and they're usually either selling stolen goods, knockoffs, stuff they bought using stolen credit cards, or they're trying to steal your credit card info.

I wouldn't trust it. I've seen similar websites before selling at too-good-to-be-true prices, and they're usually either selling stolen goods, knockoffs, stuff they bought using stolen credit cards, or they're trying to steal your credit card info.
Yeah, I cannot see anyway I can trust this site. I tried to have a look at the payment method, too, and I could not tell whether there was anything about that would interfere with my right to have my credit card company not pay if something went wrong. One of my credit cards still has a function that allows a temporary credit card number to be set up for a fixed amount of money only. I would sure use that function here in order to protect the credit card number. Does not help on the "stop payment/cc protest." I would not think, though.

I am pretty tight, but I do not think I want to be buying into some consumer hassle!

Frontgate has these 16 inch Karus for $449.95 right now, supposedly the regular price is $599 from them. But shipping would be North of $70 to me. Amazon and Ooni itself sell this unit for $599 with free shipping, so who would bother with Frontgate at the regular price? A discount still, but not all that great a deal.

Very cute, Ian. My favorite kind of sushi, and one of the foremost delicacies in the whole food world to me. I think of it every time I write Ooni. :)

Apparently, in the beginning this company was called "Uuni" (or maybe even "Uni") and they changed the spelling. I do not know why! It is a company based in and manufacturing, as I understand it, Scotland selling essentially an Italian cooking product, so I guess why not Ooni!

Another place has this model for $449.95 with free shipping, but has some odd check out payment outfit I have never heard of. I am not taking a chance on losing my credit card charge back protection. I smell a rat with these discount places!!

Well, okay, I managed to get a 15% government worked discount out of Ooni directly without giving up things like my office email address, which is clearly a no-no for me to be giving out. So I pulled the trigger on a 16 inch propane-fired Koda. I doubt this will be worth it, but that is not what it is about, right? I want to be able to cook at 950 degrees!

This oven came very quickly, during a time when I was out of town for a week. I got back today. Set up quickly, no assembly. This is a much bigger, much heavier unit than I had thought it would be. I think the 12 inch is much smaller and lighter, more portable. This 16 inch oven takes up a lot of table top space. Everything about it feels and looks substantial. Heats up quickly. I suppose you really cook at 750 not 950. Recovers quickly between pies. Really does cook in a minute and changes. Turning is important.
Output was great, but there seems to be a learning curve.
So far very satisfied with this purchase. It is possible I will not use it so much, but it is a lot of fun to have.

Top Bottom