What's new

~ only one razor for your rest of life ~

if you need to choose: only one DE Razor for your rest of life, what would be your choice?

Nice discussion :)

Wow..that's a tough one!
Would have to be a Gillette S/C common bar because I get nice close shaves and a simple design.

Parker Variant. Prior to this it was the Merkur Long Handle Progress. I also enjoy open comb razors, but get the best, irritation-free shaves from adjustables.

That's a hard choice. For DE razors it would be my Fatip Piccolo.

Piccolo_5.JPG

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
I could live with one blade. One razor is tougher. Favorite at this time is a NEW Deluxe Big Boy.
Not me. Unless just maybe it was an old wedge blade like a Rolls and I had a nice hone and strop. I change blades far too often to use one blade for life unless you know something about my lifespan and aren't telling me.

Almost impossible choice but if I could have only one along with my choice of blade, a Ball End Tech loaded with a Feather. This is based on my somewhat limited experience with a few different Gillettes and my EJ89. I own and use a '64 Super Speed and it was about that vintage and model when I first started shaving in the mid-60's so that would be a close second but maybe with a different blade than a Feather.

Well, this is a tough question...since for me, I've found what works extremely well: first two passes with my Fat Boy set on 3, and then a follow-up with an Atra. If I had to choose only one, I'd stay with the Fat Boy.

Top Bottom