What's new

Only one Penhaligon's - Which one?

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
In this order (YMMV):
English Fern
Sartorial
Opus
I whittled down my Pen's collection to these three, they are all very nice.

Hammam is classic, but too polarizing to be "the one".
BB is nice but, as mentioned, doesn't have the longevity.
I seem to be in the minority, but English Fern is too artificial-smelling for me.
I love Castile--it has great staying power on me. Reminds me A LOT of AdP, very clean and soapy.
Sartorial is wonderful, and I haven't seen anyone mention Endymion yet...it is intoxicating.

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
Raquets hands down. It has the scent of Pinaud Clubman, and I believe it can be worn at any occasion. It is the one penhaligon's that I will be needing to restock in the very near future

Put me in the "loathe" column for Blenheim Bouquet which a lot of people will suggest. Lemon and pine. Lasts mere minutes on me. It is a wet shaver favorite and I don't believe my opinion is THE opinion. But if longevity is a concern, make sure you read reviews on it. Lots of issues with longevity. That being said, nose sensitivity varies and you might find it lasts all day.

+1 Love the shave cream though.

Ben

I have Opus and Endymion, EDT, ASB and Opus cream. Opus is nice and lasts, a complex scent that very briefly starts off peppery but ends up a pleasant rose and woods. Endymion is a warm rich almost chocolate scent that is very nice and warm but needs a few extra squirts to last more than 10 minutes. While the scent is there after a few hours, it is very close to the skin (best to apply to clothing). The ASB on each is a very nice cream, with the scent of each acting just like the EDT. Both are nice cool/cold weather scents. The Pen's cream is very nice, slick and rich, but I feel D.R. Harris creams are just as good.

Love Castile as well, lasts forever on me. Also a former BB fan, but I like Trumper's Wellington more now. English Fern is great, but Trumper's Wild Fern is nearly identical and is less expensive. I need to check out Sartorial.

I think Sartorial is the best thing they've done in years. A modern take on the classic fougere (think Brut). A great gentlemanly scent. it has a foot in the trad world, and a foot in the contemporary world. Has garnered a lot of praise in the Basenotes community and is a personal favorite of mine when suiting up. Great scent; great longevity.

I agree completely. For me, this is the only Pen's frag worth buying. For any of their other ranges, I much prefer the GFT versions. Except, of course, Hammam's Bouquet. That horrific, nauseating nightmare of a frag belongs back in whatever vat hidden in the ruins of the Hellfire Club that Pen's perfumers found it. A truly awful, awful concoction.

I agree completely. For me, this is the only Pen's frag worth buying. For any of their other ranges, I much prefer the GFT versions. Except, of course, Hammam's Bouquet. That horrific, nauseating nightmare of a frag belongs back in whatever vat hidden in the ruins of the Hellfire Club that Pen's perfumers found it. A truly awful, awful concoction.

You are causing Obsessed to be even more ashamed of his Obsession than he already is. :biggrin1:

I don't know that I dislike it with the passion you do, but I don't much care for it myself either. Just don't get me started on C&S Mimosa. Now that stuff is truly vile...

I definitely need to refresh my memory of the Pen's scents I have, but from memory, English Fern tops the list.

Does that mean you've accepted me?

proxy.php

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
Blenheim Bouquet

Endymion gets a thumbs up too!

Fern needs to be SOLD or traded..... I mildly like it but my tall drink of beautiful cool water wife Melissa loathes it.....

Top Bottom