What's new

Oneblade V 2.1

No worries, it's not e new release. It's that I don't use the pivoting head. Oneblade is an amazing razor but I think it's even more amazing when I use it as any other single edge razor, without "taking advantage" of it's most important feature. It just gives me a better, cleaner, deeper, shave. Up to the point that lately I have been using it like this:

proxy.php

At this point I would like to transform it in a better looking, semi-permanent solution (I still want to be able to remove any additional part, if I need to).
I was thinking about making an insert to go in the hollow area of the frame under the head.

proxy.php

I would avoid metal in order not to damage the finish of the razor, so I was thinking about using some hard plastic, that I can cut and sand in order to get it to the right shape and dimensions. The only thing would be how to make sure that it does not move and fall out. Maybe rubber instead of plastic?
Well, I posting it here in case somebody has an idea about how to accomplish the task.

Nothing important of course. Just something I want to do instead of watching TV.

I like my new OneBlade and I'm enjoying learning how to use it. Maybe it's my razor as I've not tried any other but my spring is moderately stiff and it takes a decent amount of pressure to actuate it. It's a very good shaver.

That Sugru looks interesting but I'm afraid taking it off imay become problematic.
I managed to find a good solution. I made a small insert with some hard rubber taken from a watch band, cut to size. It has the right amount of grip in order to stay very firm in place but it can be pushed out if want to removed it for deep cleaning. And it's rigid so the head it's completely blocked in position, and barely noticeable.

proxy.php

Nice! But that is with Feather Artist Club blades, not Feather FHS as the Oneblade.
By the way, who sells those razors?

Now I have to do the same with the Core.
The problem is that the Core does not have the same "hole" that I used to insert the rubber insert.
Any idea, other than using a zip-tie?

proxy.php

Today I used a temporay insert inside the opening on the front side of the handle. As a "byproduct", the head stays flat on the handle and razor looks more similar to regular SE razor (the only difference is that the blade sits a little back, compared to a Hawk or a General or any other similar razor) and the angle at which I was holding the handle while shaving was far less aggressive than the one I have to use with the "V2.1". The downside is that in this way the spring remains compressed the whole time, so it is a more invasive solution than the one previously used with the Genesis.

proxy.php

proxy.php

No worries, it's not e new release. It's that I don't use the pivoting head. Oneblade is an amazing razor but I think it's even more amazing when I use it as any other single edge razor, without "taking advantage" of it's most important feature. It just gives me a better, cleaner, deeper, shave. Up to the point that lately I have been using it like this:

proxy.php

At this point I would like to transform it in a better looking, semi-permanent solution (I still want to be able to remove any additional part, if I need to).
I was thinking about making an insert to go in the hollow area of the frame under the head.

proxy.php

I would avoid metal in order not to damage the finish of the razor, so I was thinking about using some hard plastic, that I can cut and sand in order to get it to the right shape and dimensions. The only thing would be how to make sure that it does not move and fall out. Maybe rubber instead of plastic?
Well, I posting it here in case somebody has an idea about how to accomplish the task.

Nothing important of course. Just something I want to do instead of watching TV.
use a zip lock.

Top Bottom