What's new

Oneblade Razor

Thanks for the information, and you are entitled to buy and use whatever the heck you want for any reason whatsoever. In this case . . . pretty good reason! Very best of luck. Enjoy your shaves!

I used the oneblade again today and I continue to be impressed. I think where it shines is ATG where the pivoting head seems to help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was an early adopter of The OneBlade Razor and am happy with the shave .
I understand there is a version 2 .
Have any competitors come to market that equal or better the OneBlade Razor ?

... Have any competitors come to market that equal or better the OneBlade Razor ?
Asking a question like that is like lighting the fuse on a stick of dynamite. :a11::a13::2guns::a33: "Equal or better for whom and in what way?"

It is a personal question in the best of circumstances, but the OneBlade is controversial. It is not designed and it does not shave like most traditional razors. There are understandable concerns about the price and half-life of FHS-10 blades and about the lack of competition and blade choices. The fact that the OneBlade is clearly pitched to transitioning cart shavers may also put off some traditional enthusiasts (not that it is alone in being pitched that way).

I bought my V2 Genesis a month ago. It took me a few shaves to dial in the technique that works for me - definitely a different technique - and now the Genesis is my GoTo razor. It's the one that makes me smile the most when I think about shaving with it. Are there competitors with equal or better razors? I couldn't say, but I am not aware of any better razor for me. Now that I've figured out how to use it, I'm getting closer and more skin-friendly shaves with the Genesis than ever before.

I'm glad you too like your OneBlade. It is far from a universal reaction.

... all I’m really asking is if there are other OneBlade type razors new to the market and how they compare .

The only other pivoting head razors I've heard of are carts. There is even one with a single blade, the Gillette Guard cartridge. Others may be able to help you more.

FWIW, one established reviewer said that after a love affair with the OneBlade - more than a honeymoon I think - he sold his OneBlade because he got into head shaving and achieved better head shaving results with pivoting carts.

I started a thread recently in the general discussion forum about the Fatip Piccolo (Mk 2) versus the OneBlade:

Fatip Piccolo/Grande (Mk 2) vs. OneBlade

@shave/brush provided informative and interesting feedback. To Ron, the razors performed similarly, but Ron felt slightly more blade feel with the Fatip. If anyone else has used the OneBlade (Genesis or Core) and the Fatip Piccolo (Mk 2), please go to the thread above and provide some feedback. Thanks.

I got my One Blade V1 Big Shave West 3 last year, they had a bender table selling refurbs for $150. I do not change blades after one shave as recommended... but I suppose I could, as I purchased 100 FHS-10 blades from Gifts & Care last year, easily the best price around. I've never noticed much difference between the first and second shave, but a definite degradation on the third shave. This must have something to do with the hardness off the steel as it easy to get 3 shaves from most DE blades. I do love how it looks on my bathroom counter, but as it was a refurb, as I mentioned earlier, it came in a basic box without the stand, so mine resides in an Offerman Woodworking (Nick Offerman of Parks & Rec) razor and brush stand... Amazing!

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom