What's new

Oneblade Razor

How many people are using a fresh blade everytime they shave with the oneblade. If you want a smooth shave everytime is it 3passes and throw?

I have been using my OneBlade about 95% of my shaves since I recived it in March.It has become my go to razor. With my beard (which I call medium), I get three shaves a blade.
My OneBlade does NOT have a "smile". It seems the last batch had that problem, not the previously released razors.

So you mean the head of the oneblade curls up? Was this a known problem then? I bought mine in July. What batch had these issues?

I see that the OneBlade blades look approximately the same size as regular DE blades, which suggests to me that they use the same blanks as other Feathers in fabrication.
Can regular blades be used in it? If not, I'd say they're doomed.

The OneBlade uses a different type of SE blade. It is similar to the GEM SE blades. It does not take a DE blade but you can de-spine a GEM blade and that will work. Why would they be doomed?

I don't think they're doomed but I don't see them making inroads into the wet shaving community unless they change their business plan, which I don't see them doing. They substitute their (US domestic only) monopoly on compatible blades for Gillette's monopoly on compatible cartridges. Yeah, I know there are workarounds with the de-spined GEM, and for prior version Gillette handles, but it's the same business plan, sanitized slightly.

As far as number of shaves, I get three or four - I toss when I feel the first tug out of nowhere. Usually this produces no more than a tiny weeper which closes without alum or styptic. And the shaves are all 3 pass plus slight buffing.

I see that the OneBlade blades look approximately the same size as regular DE blades, which suggests to me that they use the same blanks as other Feathers in fabrication.
Can regular blades be used in it? If not, I'd say they're doomed.

It's a GEM type blade with no spine attached. Just take the spine off of a GEM blade and you're golden! :thumbup1:

Top Bottom