What's new

Oneblade Hot Lather

This was going to be my next question. Their lavender shaving cream is wonderful, if not the most obvious initial fragrance choice for them to have taken. I am hopeful that they will release the barbershop as a traditional format cream as well.

I am thinking the same thing. I am actually going to email them if they have plans to release it in the cream. It is such a great barbershop scent.

I just got mine recently too. Only used it 3 times so far with the lavender scent. I really like the subtle warmth, although it dissipates quickly. The glide seems nice but the thinness of the cream makes me feel like there is no cushion and I am heading for razor burn. May just take some getting used to, but the speed of dispensing is quite fast and enjoyable.

Also I am not sure how much product to use yet or whether it is better to use a brush or not. I am curious to see how others feel about it after a couple more weeks. I am on the fence currently.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I have noticed similar findings using it. I am about 5 shaves in. My observations echo yours in that the foam definitely goes on a thinner layer then what I am used to. I am taking a minute or two to face lather and get a much more denser consistency. The layer thickness still stays thinner overall but it is sooooo slick to shave with. I have experienced zero irritation and excellent results. I still feel I have more learning curve with this to go but overall, when I am a little pressed for time, it's awesome. And the barbershop scent is just insanely good.

Yes you are correct certainly.
It took me awhile to figure this out.
All good now.
Ceramic is a great heat conductor where polypropylene is not hence you overheat the soap and it does not lathers well. If you let it cool down you will see that it lathers fine. So no boiling just hot tap water is ok.

Ceramic is a great heat conductor where polypropylene is not hence you overheat the soap and it does not lathers well. If you let it cool down you will see that it lathers fine. So no boiling just hot tap water is ok.
Yes I finally got smart and did just that.

Yes I finally got smart and did just that.
If you have got a heavy metal or stone cup simply put it on top of your central heating in the bathroom it should retain enough heat to have a comfy shave. I tend to dunk my granite mortar in the sink with hot water... works for me.

Just finished the lavender refill. It does smell great. However, the first part that came out was too watery to use; then it would produce cream. The barbershop scent created lather from the beginning. Anyone else have experience with the lavender refill?

My Conair Hot Lather machine paired with Barbasol is really nice on a cold morning. How much does the OneBlade gadget set you back? I couldn't find a price on their website, just a blurb that said they were out of stock.

My Conair Hot Lather machine paired with Barbasol is really nice on a cold morning. How much does the OneBlade gadget set you back? I couldn't find a price on their website, just a blurb that said they were out of stock.
Truthfully, I can’t remember. I received an email that I could preorder one in November or December, which I did. I do remember it being kind of costly. I’ll try to look back at my emails and see if I can get the amount.

They are currently redesigning the machine to produce hotter and denser lather, so I don't think they are available again yet. I think the target price is $129, but they gave preorders a $99 price last year.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I had a warmer for canned shave cream once, many moons ago. They advertised it on TV. The idea was that barbershops have machines that spit out warm shaving foam, so why not do this at home? The catch: the barbershop machines use a special foam solution. Canned shaving foam needs to be shaken, a lot, before each use. If you just leave it in the warmer, the quality of the foam will probably change over the life of the can.

UPDATE: After my 4th canister of shaving creme, my OneBlade hot lather machine died. However, Today, I received a new hot lather machine from them with numerous refills-all free. I just wanted to say this: While I was disappointed that my hot lather machine died what I thought was a premature death, I was equally impressed with the unsolicited replacement of my OneBlade hot lather machine with numerous refills. Kudos to their customer service.

UPDATE: After my 4th canister of shaving creme, my OneBlade hot lather machine died. However, Today, I received a new hot lather machine from them with numerous refills-all free. I just wanted to say this: While I was disappointed that my hot lather machine died what I thought was a premature death, I was equally impressed with the unsolicited replacement of my OneBlade hot lather machine with numerous refills. Kudos to their customer service.
I'm looking for a new hot lather machine. My Campbell's died, new ones are very expensive. I'm looking at the Oneblade machine. Can you compare the lather quality to other machines. I also have a Conair that I'm not crazy about.

I'm looking into getting the LTHR machine too. Apparently they are back ordered.

Top Bottom