What's new

Oneblade Hot Lather

Anyone else used the Oneblade Hot Lather Machine? Got mine last night shaved with it this morning. Not going to lie, I liked it. I thought the warmth was much like what I got from my double wall scuttle using hot water from the sink, maybe even a little warmer. Anyone else got any ideas on it?

Any chance of a photo or two? I am not familiar with this device.
Here is the machine
F1781FA3-290D-481E-B057-D1DE15B8EFDD.png

What do you put in it? Proprietary soap? Be cool if you could use your own somehow.
No, you have to use Oneblade canister. You get two scents-barbershop, and lavender. Here is a canister. I don’t know how long one last, just got it yesterday.

Attachments

• 1087F1C0-B9B8-4854-976E-3B0E0AA79541.png
    1087F1C0-B9B8-4854-976E-3B0E0AA79541.png
    11.6 MB · Views: 51
I know they exist but proprietary soap no thanks.

I once tried to make lather with a capuchino milk foam frother that worked very wel. Now there are milk frothers with heated cup so you could thinker that around. Might use some soap though. Hmmm or use the cappuchinatore on the coffee machine nehhhh that will ruin the coffee for sure

Last edited:
What?
Oneblade tying you to a proprietary product that only they produce and sell at an obscene price?
I can't believe it!
I can’t say a whole lot about this. I’ve used Castle Forbes and Aqua Di Parma, so sometimes I don’t use the best judgement when spending money on shaving.

Anyone else used the Oneblade Hot Lather Machine? Got mine last night shaved with it this morning. Not going to lie, I liked it. I thought the warmth was much like what I got from my double wall scuttle using hot water from the sink, maybe even a little warmer. Anyone else got any ideas on it?
I have found the PAA travel scuttle recently. I have a tea kettle and boil my water and put it in this scuttle. It works wonders . I had a ceramic scuttle before this. The difference is the boiling water on the travel one does not at all affect the lather as for the ceramic one it did. I love this little thing. Great hot lather.
The Intergalactic Indestructible Shatterproof Travel Scuttle by Phoenix Shaving - https://phoenixartisanaccoutrements.com/products/the-crown-king-shatterproof-travel-scuttle?_pos=5&_sid=a8cfe1df9&_ss=r

I just received one as well. The machine works well and the warm lather is wonderful. My early impressions are that the lather is not as thick (wetter) than I am used to with brush and scuttle, but the shave seems good. As well, I miss the exfoliation offered by brushing the foam onto my face.
That being said, it is quite convenient and cuts shaving time.

No ideas yet how long the container of soap lasts and it is expensive - $9.95 each in two available flavors.
An update will be forthcoming.

Got mine 2 days ago. I like it so far but what is really awesome IMO, it the barbershop scent of the shaving soap. It is just so balanced and enjoyable.

Got mine 2 days ago. I like it so far but what is really awesome IMO, it the barbershop scent of the shaving soap. It is just so balanced and enjoyable.

This was going to be my next question. Their lavender shaving cream is wonderful, if not the most obvious initial fragrance choice for them to have taken. I am hopeful that they will release the barbershop as a traditional format cream as well.

I just got mine recently too. Only used it 3 times so far with the lavender scent. I really like the subtle warmth, although it dissipates quickly. The glide seems nice but the thinness of the cream makes me feel like there is no cushion and I am heading for razor burn. May just take some getting used to, but the speed of dispensing is quite fast and enjoyable.

Also I am not sure how much product to use yet or whether it is better to use a brush or not. I am curious to see how others feel about it after a couple more weeks. I am on the fence currently.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom