What's new

OneBlade Core Razor -- is it really just hype?

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
I'm sure Gems are better. I won't put in the effort to save the money. I have about 60 Feather blades. It's a nice shave, but honestly compared to other razors I own, the Feather blades seem dull. I can get up to four shaves with one. Shave One is good, two a little less good, three and four barely acceptable from a blade standpoint. I'm on a May'd in USA shave stint for the time being when that is done, I think I'll pick up the OneBlade for awhile and decide if I'm going to keep it or send it packing after I use up the blades.

I see people doing that but seems like a heck of a lot of trouble to save such a small amount of money. I shave 5-6 days/week and use a blade twice so even at $.60 or $.70 a blade thats only a couple dollars a week. I spend way more than that every day on coffee. So for such a nice shave I feel its not much of an expense.
Here in EU we pay almost 65€ for 100 blades I have 2 comfortable shaves from a FHS blade, a pack of 100 GEM blades I pay around 20€ incl shipping and I get 10 shaves (8 comfortable shaves with it) so when I count in FHS blades in 1 year it cost me 117€ for 1 year shaving in GEM blades it cost me 4€ for year shaving so I can buy a lot of coffee for that :) just 1 houre work to modify the GEM blades ;)

Here in EU we pay almost 65€ for 100 blades I have 2 comfortable shaves from a FHS blade, a pack of 100 GEM blades I pay around 20€ incl shipping and I get 10 shaves (8 comfortable shaves with it) so when I count in FHS blades in 1 year it cost me 117€ for 1 year shaving in GEM blades it cost me 4€ for year shaving so I can buy a lot of coffee for that :) just 1 houre work to modify the GEM blades ;)

Of course gem has a much better bottom line but you need to mod the blade or the razor.
Pretty sure if they made a gem Specific head it would sell very good.
Please oneblade a steel head, allu handled gem specific version under 120 euro

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Today I tried Core for the first time. I realized that I had to sell all my DE razors. And buy a Hybrid
I would not sell your DE razors until your happy with your Hybrid Oneblade IMO. I have the OB core also and it does make a person wonder. I'm still getting excellent shaves with all my razors from SE,DE and Oneblade Core. I can still get BBS with the SE & DE but the Core is not as long lasting, but that is exactly why I like my Oneblade core because it is a efficient milder razor as long as you do a 3 pass with pickups.
I will someday own a Hybrid possibly if it is priced right, let us know what it's like after a few shaves. The Hybrid is a well built razor more so than the Core as you already know.

Rofl so I completely agree with Ron keep some normal de and se if you have them and shave with them from time to time when you have the needed time. Marvel that more precise shave and retain those sensitive trained fingers Which prevent that you severely push on your oneblade, focus, broman, leaf etc doing an autopilot shave and oooops discover they can actually bite you ;-)

Ah, get a hybrid......you know ya want to. I alternate between the care and the hybrid. So far have gotten 6 shaves out of one blade by swapping between them.

Yeah I know but comes @ almost 65€ inc shipping ;) I have 400+ GEM blades for that price ;) and a Sunday afternoon for modify them.

Is not bad they shave well with a gem.
Sold my genesis but I have a couple of cores left and one is modified for gems only. Metal head is better though

Top Bottom