What's new

One Year with a Hobonichi Techo

I've kept a shave journal since 2015. I used a blank notebook that first year before settling on the Leuchtturm1917 Daily Planner for the next three years. Then last year I couldn't find a Leuchtturm so I got a Hobonichi Techno Weeks Planner.

The Hobonichi Techo is a fine planner, the Tomoe River paper the best!. And while I only record the type of razor, blade, soap, brush, and aftershave used, plus a brief comment, the space devoted to a daily entry is too small. There are also 60 blanks pages for notes in the Hobonichi, and I only used two. A waste of fine Tomoe paper. I won't be using it again...not for a shave journal.

I'm returning to the Leuchtturm, this time a Weekly Planner, which provide ample space to record shave equipment and observations, plus blank pages in the back where I usually list my inventory: blades in stock, soaps, and creams. This year I may inventory my aftershaves and colognes.

I think if I was using the Hobonichi as it was designed, as a planner, where one would record appointments and tasks, it would be great. But I have a Franklin Covey planner for that. Anyone looking for a small daily planner, though, look no further than the Techo Weeks planner.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Sounds like a great planner. Any chance of a photo? I am not familiar with these sorts of things.

I use mine as a food / health log (i.e. carbs, eating window, fasting times, weight, waist, BMI, etc.). In that vein, 2019 will be the first full year of tracking. Got my 2020 on deck and ready. 2015 was my first one also iirc.

proxy.php

proxy.php

I have used the standard Techo for the last 3 years and will not be using it in 2020. My work is too tied into electronic calendar and materials, so maintaining 2 calendars was too much of a hassle. I am going to use a Moleskine Weekly planner this year to log my incidental personal stuff.

Top Bottom