What's new

One week. One razor. One brush. One soap.

The simple approach while on vacation over the last several days was quite satisfying.

Gillette SuperSpeed
Semogue 620 (it dried out fine overnight)
Natural Ireland Seaweed

No thought or fuss...just shave after good shave.

I've been trying this, too and am enjoying it. This week is A Murker 37c with WSP Barbershop soap and AS. Last week was Razorock Hawk with Proraso and AV. I still rotate my brush just so they can dry completely between shaves.

I just completed one. Am trying to use up a puck of VDH.

VDH
Gillette SS Black Tip
Kai Blade
Omega Professional Boar Brush

Could double as a tension filled shaving movie.

“One man. One razor. One blade. One brush. One soap. One week.

The Shave...coming soon to theaters, April 2018.”

I’m currently changing brushes every day to allow for proper drying, razors when the blade is discarded (4 shaves), and soap after 4 to 10 days depending on my mood.

Check out the Shave of the Week Society in the Clubs and Brotherhoods section of B&B. The idea is very similar and helps you hone your skills with the tools you are using that week.
Eric

Sent from my Samsung using Tapatalk

Reactions: bjm
Check out the Shave of the Week Society in the Clubs and Brotherhoods section of B&B. The idea is very similar and helps you hone your skills with the tools you are using that week.
Eric

Sent from my Samsung using Tapatalk

+1! The advantage is that you can have a bit more variability, such as changing AS or brushes (my options) while keeping most variables constant.

This is a great idea as it sometimes takes a while to dial in a combination of a brush and soap or a razor and blade. I've been doing this for the past 2 weeks.

I used a landmark brush with stubble buster game soap and paired that with a PILs razor with a polsilver blade.

well, almost the same.
recently received nice valobra shave stick and shaved with it for most of this week.
great tallow experience.

valobra shaves april 2018.jpg

I'm about to go on a two-week vacation. This thread has convinced me to take one of each piece of shaving gear, notwithstanding my general inclination to load up my kit with numerous items. One razor, one blade type, one brush, one soap, one aftershave. I also plan to use a soap I've never tried--Florida Freeze, by Lisa's Natural. It sounds like it's perfect for Hawaii...

This one week thing sounds like my normal operating procedure...just change up the AS every day. Ditch the blade at the end of the week and switch gear, then switch again the next week.

M

member 119848

I´m ritualizing that way too!
It´s nice not having to make any decision each morning. It´s makes my daily shaves almost like a meditative training.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
image.jpeg I am currently having a Wilkinson Sword week. Wilkinson Sword Classic razor, Wilkinson Sword blade, Wilkinson Sword brush and Wilkinson Sword soap.

Top Bottom