What's new

One soap for rest of the year

Hi guys,
I am looking to buy one good soap. I don’t mind splurging on this soap, but I can only afford one.

I want to state that currently I’m using Stirling and I am very happy with it. However I’ve been poisoned by reading on this forum that there are actually soaps that are better than Stirling and I would like to experience it once in my life.

Can you guys recommend me a soap (I can go up to $35) that is top tier? I value residual slickness above everything, with cushioning my second priority followed by scents.

I know scents are YMMV so I would like advice from you guys pertaining to the other things I’m looking for!

Best regards,
Wei

Nothing wrong with Stirling. Excellent soap. Actually it doesn't go much better than that. You might try some of the British soaps, but you might not find any improvement. It's like with the Proraso. Some people say it's a cheap mass market product. So what? It is an excellent soap and I'll keep buying both the tubes and the tubs.

Nothing wrong with Stirling. Excellent soap. Actually it doesn't go much better than that. You might try some of the British soaps, but you might not find any improvement. It's like with the Proraso. Some people say it's a cheap mass market product. So what? It is an excellent soap and I'll keep buying both the tubes and the tubs.

I know right? Stirling amazed me the first time I used it. That being said, it’s miles better than proraso imo.

But I keep hearing on this forum that Stirling is not considered TOP tier so I really want to be amazed once again by trying out one soap that is accepted as top tier by valued members of this forum!

I see Murphy & McNeil being mentioned here how does the slickness compare to cella bio and b&m excelsior?

My choices:

Ariana & Evans (Kaizen base) - currently two scents in this base, but more is planned in July. Top shelf performance including primary and residual slickness

Zingari Man (Sego base) - hits all the marks you are looking for.

How many times do you shave per year? If you want one soap for the rest of the year, a $35 tub of an artisan soap might not make it. You might be better off with a few pucks of Stirling.

I was allergic to Stirling so can not compare it to other soaps.

If you shave often, and want one soap to last 6 months, I would think you would need a triple milled soap. My vote would go for MWF.

How many times do you shave per year? If you want one soap for the rest of the year, a $35 tub of an artisan soap might not make it. You might be better off with a few pucks of Stirling.

I was allergic to Stirling so can not compare it to other soaps.

If you shave often, and want one soap to last 6 months, I would think you would need a triple milled soap. My vote would go for MWF.
Hi thanks for reply, I mean that this is the only splurge I will afford myself for this year. Currently I still have some Stirling left which is enough to tide me over.

Be careful... When I started down this rabbit hole a little less than 3 years ago, I bought several soaps and creams based on the opinions of others. Most of those soaps are still new and unused. Not because they're no good, but because something "newer" and "better" came along. And that will always be the case. I understand your quest, I really do. But please just find something that works for you and go for it. Dial it in and enjoy it. There are so many good options available and many of them (IMO) have already been mentioned in this thread. Good luck to you.

Top Bottom