What's new

One Soap for Life

This is interesting because I have like 30 soaps but I am working to widdle it down to a few. Since I am an aftershave user I have decided there is no longer a need to continually match soap and aftershave. My plan is as I use my scented soaps I will not reorder and eventually stick with a small variety of unscented soaps and a boatload of aftershaves. That being said, right now it would be...

Stirling Unscented with Beeswax. Easy to lather, slick, excellent cushion, and great post-shave feel. (it's the bees knees)

For fun:
Razorock Gamechanger .68
BIC Chrome Platinum

I am also retesting many blades. One blade a week, 7 down, 4 to go.

OldSaw

The wife's investment
Santa Maria Novella crema da barba, old formula. No hesitation.

I have resisted restocking since they reformulated, reduced the quantity, and raised the price. But since this is a what if dream scenario, then I would have a lifetime supply of the old formula and be very happy.

One soap for life?! What is this, a monastery for shaving ascetics?

View attachment 1053388

Probably Haslinger Schafmilch for me. It checks most of my boxes:
  • easy to lather
  • very slick
  • quite protective
  • leaves the skin soft
  • mild scent that goes away quickly
  • reasonably economical

+1 for Haslinger Schafmilch. But it looks like I going to have to try MdC now.

Another vote for Martin de Candre. I love all five of the scents, and get bored using the same scent everyday, so I ask permission to keep all five...

I'd gladly use the shaving soap I make personally for myself to the end of my days if all other soaps were to vanish at a snap of a finger.
If I were to be forced to use soap made by someone else, I'd provide my recipe to someone else and pay them to make it for me.

Another vote for Martin de Candre. I love all five of the scents, and get bored using the same scent everyday, so I ask permission to keep all five...
I received a sample of MdC Rose this week. I could easily use only this soap forever, but there's a dozen I feel that way about so I rotate them. But I don't think my wife will be moving on from the MdC Rose.

Can't imagine a situation when I shave with only one soap/cream. But still it would probably be Proraso Red. And actually I am quite surprised that only one person except me has chosen Proraso.

I’d normally say Cella, but I think I’ll go with unscented Van Der Hagen. That way I can add any scent to whatever I want.

I know, it’s kinda like cheating. Lol

Mine's easy enough but could never pick just "1" scent though!!
1579456354370.png

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Cella Extra Extra Bio. :001_wub:

This product is just AMAZING under every aspect: delicious scent, great latherability, beautiful lather stability, superb glide, incledible post-shave feel. And also add: excellent ingredients list, reasonable price-point and availability right under home!

Seriously, for me there are no drawbacks of any kind. This is Italian quality at its very best. :thumbup1:

Top Bottom