What's new

One Soap for Life

Williams. It does a fine job and I can get it locally. Once I 3017 my entire den in several years (if I last that long), it will probably be the only soap I use. My SAD has effectively been satiated and sedated due to having too many and not finding enough difference in them for me.

In my opinion, it's easy to pick a soap for life, but harder to prove it. I suggest a Cal Ripkin challenge. That's 2,632 shaves in a row with the same soap.

1579256552366.png

One soap for life?! What is this, a monastery for shaving ascetics?

View attachment 1053388

Probably Haslinger Schafmilch for me. It checks most of my boxes:
  • easy to lather
  • very slick
  • quite protective
  • leaves the skin soft
  • mild scent that goes away quickly
  • reasonably economical

Aceticism is the absence of all forms of indulgence. I think the word we need for everyday Williams users is sybaritic.

Mitchell's Wool Fat

1) Nice, relatively weak "soapy" scent that you can use every day
2) Very slick and can hold a lot of water when properly lathered
3) Quick and easy to lather for me
4) Mild moisturizing effect that is nice in dry and cold winter days, but isn't excessive during summer
5) Relatively low cost per shave
6) Always available
7) It is the first soap I ever bought and it has a special place in my heart

As compared to shaving with no soap at all, I guess?
:smile1:
Somewhere between absolute asceticism and absolute hedonism there is a point of bliss. I think people pursuing minimalism and simplicity are trying to find it.

Are you trying to be Buddah or King Solomon?

Seriously, normal shavers that don't come to B&B mostly use one soap. Mine was Barbasol. Somewhere along the line I switched from Foamy.

Are you trying to be Buddah or King Solomon?

Seriously, normal shavers that don't come to B&B mostly use one soap. Mine was Barbasol. Somewhere along the line I switched from Foamy.
This is really true. I'm pretty sure without even knowing it, I've completed a few Cal Ripkin challenges with Edge gel and at least a couple generations of Gillette carts. Then I came here...

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
My brother in law, a normal shaver. Has two scents of soap. Only because I got him two. He of course doesn't rotate them and will only use the second after the first runs out. He would think it silly to rotate them. Me, or at least the me I'm slowly leaving behind would have rotated and bought four more by now.

Top Bottom