What's new

One Small Positive From The Pandemic

I don’t know if any of you guys enjoy this too, but I have been finding it really nice that when I put on a face mask I get a concentrated smell of the soap and aftershave that I used for my last shave. I can even smell it the next day, and it is lovely. Obviously that is a very small thing indeed when nearly six million people have lost their lives and many more are suffering bereavement and hardship. But, still, have any of you noticed this as well?

Hopefully we don’t need to get into any politics here about face mask rules. This is merely a shave-related observation.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
My most used soaps and creams, SV and CRS, have strong scents so I havent noticed that. I did give a friend a post war Tech a couple years ago with a good selection of blades and he commented that he really likes the closer shave because the n95 he has to wear at work creates a much better seal.

Since the LOTH, and I have all 3 shots, I seldom wear a mask unless the place we going to requires one. Besides, as I have previously commented, my sniffer endured a few sports related blows, and doesn't detect smells any very well anymore.

I don’t know if any of you guys enjoy this too, but I have been finding it really nice that when I put on a face mask I get a concentrated smell of the soap and aftershave that I used for my last shave. I can even smell it the next day, and it is lovely. Obviously that is a very small thing indeed when nearly six million people have lost their lives and many more are suffering bereavement and hardship. But, still, have any of you noticed this as well?

Hopefully we don’t need to get into any politics here about face mask rules. This is merely a shave-related observation.

Same here.

Since the LOTH, and I have all 3 shots, I seldom wear a mask unless the place we going to requires one. Besides, as I have previously commented, my sniffer endured a few sports related blows, and doesn't detect smells any very well anymore.
Having played prop forward (rugby), I can relate. For some strange reason I can really smell aromas that are disagreeable, but pleasant scents fade quickly.

I've only broken my nose three times (that I'm aware of) though.

In response to the OP, I've been working from home for the last two years and seldom venture where a mask is required. As such, I have not experienced the pleasant side effects you have mentioned.

Hmmm for my job as a therapist who regularly has to test for inhalation allergens and works with copd asthmatic clients using a strong scent is a nono…. Soooo I never ever used so much mouthwash to coverup that I am a cheese eating coffee drinking dutchie….. for my own benefit.

Having played prop forward (rugby), I can relate. For some strange reason I can really smell aromas that are disagreeable, but pleasant scents fade quickly.

I've only broken my nose three times (that I'm aware of) though.
Like my issue(s)

Actually, if I know I am going someplace that requires a mask, I am less likely to want to use one of my better aftershaves.

Okay...I have two decent AS's. English Leather and Cello. The rest are more commonplace.

Why slap on a decent scent if a mask is going to absorb most of it?

But I recovered from covid over a week ago. It was mildly unpleasant. I sat in a recliner and watched movies. No life threatening stuff. Wish I could wear an armband stating I'm chock full of antibodies right now and ditch the mask entirely.

Top Bottom