What's new

One-sided-beard

After i shave my stuble grows on one side of the face faster than the other. I dont know why this happens but I shave both cheeks equally.

The side that grows faster has more visible hairs and is darker than the other side.

anyone else had this problem? if yes, what did you do?

I think I saw this on C.S.I. one episode - it's a rare genetic disorder.

I'm pretty sure that a heavy dose of new equipment and shave cream acquisition could fix that. :biggrin:

And, um, see a Dcotor. Or better yet, a nurse. Whatever.

Just kidding. Really, it could be just because you apply different pressure or a different angle to one side than the other. It often comes down to technique, but I can't really say for certain.

Good luck.

Peace,

Pierre

Pierre may have a point here... while it may appear that you are doing the same thing to both sides of your face it could well be that there are subtle variations in hair growth or angle/pressure that make it appear that the hair grows quicker on one side as compared with the other... either that, or perhaps you are a mutant of some sort. :biggrin:

It could be that you are doing something different.

It could also be that the two sides of your face really ARE different. How many people have you seen with not quite symetrical faces? Probably most people, if you look closely. It is not really surprising, then, that there might be other small differences besides structure. For example pattern of hair growth, or even skin texture.

After a lot of examing, extra, I have concluded that it is not just technique, or which hand I use, or whatever. There IS a patch on my jawline on the right side that is different from anything on the left, and much more troublesome. Although you would never notice looking at me, the skin texture is actually slightly rougher, and I find getting that area shaved smoothly a real PITA. Shaving against the grain is extremely difficult.

NMMB said:
Pierre may have a point here...

Be careful about agreeing with me! :biggrin: And really, I made a point? :eek:
THAT certainly doesn't happen much.

NMMB said:
... either that, or perhaps you are a mutant of some sort. :biggrin:

Umm, and this coming from an economist? :001_tt2:

Just kidding, I have nothing against economists, I think every country should have one - maybe two so there's a backup. :cool:

Peace,

Pierre

jaffacake2000 said:
After i shave my stuble grows on one side of the face faster than the other. I dont know why this happens but I shave both cheeks equally.

The side that grows faster has more visible hairs and is darker than the other side.

anyone else had this problem? if yes, what did you do?

Dear Jaffacake2000,

I've noticed this phenomenon also. I wasn't going to say anything because I was concerned people would think I was unusual. But now I see that it is a common occurrance.

If you scroll down you will see a picture of me 24 hours after a shave. Careful inspection will show that the stubble on the left side of my face is slightly longer than the stubble on the right side.

proxy.php

I atrribute this to the force of gravity when sleeping too much on my left side. I'm trying to set the alarm for every 30 minutes so I can rotate the gravitational force vector relative to my face on a regular basis during the night, and it seems to be helping. It's a little hard to tell though as the lack of sleep is starting to take its toll on my perceptual abilities ...

vox_rox said:
Be careful about agreeing with me! :biggrin: And really, I made a point? :eek:
THAT certainly doesn't happen much.

Pierre, I don't want to rain on your parade, but don't get used to either (a) making a point or (b) having me admit that you have done so (in a public forum where all can see). :biggrin:

J/K - you have been known to make some good points/observations from time to time... and you often have some humour to add to the discussions here.

Holy #$%^$

OMG, gotta take a breath.... laughing my *** off here!!!!! Knocked my water over and dropped my cigarette.... the dog thinks I am losing it.... I am....!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

God Howard, I am going to see that beard for the rest of my life, and laugh hysterically every time.....

Sue, who thinks your wife is going to kill you.......

moses said:
There IS a patch on my jawline on the right side that is different from anything on the left, and much more troublesome. Although you would never notice looking at me, the skin texture is actually slightly rougher, and I find getting that area shaved smoothly a real PITA.

Thats funny, I have this same exact patch of hair on right jawline that takes extra work too.

It says something about this forum that people are taking this question seriously; not sure what, though....

Mama Bear said:
Sue, who thinks your wife is going to kill you.......

She took the picture.

OK, I admit she didn't know I was going to post it on the internet ...

I don't think she reads this board ...

Top Bottom