What's new

One shave of the day for the rest of your life

You are going to a remote desert island for the rest of your life. You want to stay BBS for any possible indigenous babes you might encounter. You may only bring:

1 brand of DE blades
1 DE razor
1 brush
1 shaving cream or soap
1 after shave item

What would you bring? Feel free to post pics of your desert island setup

I'll play....

Astra SP
Timeless Titanium .95OC
Simpson's Chubby 2 Super Badger
PannaCrema Nuavia Blu
Thayers Unscented Witch Hazel
I'll use a coconut for a bowl. :a17:
20190622_112127.jpg

I’ll play:

Super Max Blue Diamonds
Timeless 95SB
TNS Fanchurian ‘Green Machine’
MLS Kraken
MLS Kraken

The soap/AS combo was hard, I rotate daily, this is the only one I can think of offhand that I wouldn’t be sick to death of in a week, and I have some good stuff.

Post a pic later.

Here is my desert island setup (with a coconut):

Blades: Personna reds
Razor: Razorock Gamechanger .84
Brush: Razorock Hulk
Soap: Swedish Saltsjö summer soap (By Victoria)
After: Nivea sensitive after shave balm

The soap is great, it floats in salt water, so I would never have to dive for it. Makes a superb lather and it's great as a general soap as well (review)

Attachments

• 6H9A3766.JPG
    6H9A3766.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 33
You are going to a remote desert island for the rest of your life. You want to stay BBS for any possible indigenous babes you might encounter. You may only bring:

1 brand of DE blades
1 DE razor
1 brush
1 shaving cream or soap
1 after shave item

What would you bring? Feel free to post pics of your desert island setup
Blades - I'm not too fussy and like most brands, but I've been using Gillette yellow 7 o'clocks for a while now so let's say that.

Razor - pre-2011 Muhle R41. I've used it essentially daily for a decade, I must like it.

Brush - Simpson's Tulip 1 in super.

Tabac shaving soap in bowl.

Tabac aftershave splash.

If you are stranded on a remote desert island rather than a tropical island, the biggest problem you might have is finding enough fresh water to drink; you might not to want to waste it on building a lather for shaving. If you have to use salt water to produce your lather you would want a soap that is specifically designed to work with hard water to give you a chance at a decent lather. Thus, I would pick Barrister and Mann Reserve line which contains a chelating agent.

Since I would be on an island, the Waves scent would be appropriate. The Reserve soaps also provide great skin conditioning which would be quite important on a desert island.

As for the razor, I would probably go with the new Karve Stainless with a D Plate (0.98mm gap). The brass razors would not fare well in salt water. Since this is a fairly efficient/aggressive razor, I would load it will a nice, mid-sharp blade like Gillette Silver Blue.

Because B&M Reserve loads very easily from the tub, I would have to be careful in my brush selection to conserve soap. A big badger brush holds too much lather, so I would stick with my 26mm Tuxedo from Turn n Shave that could be rinsed out in salt water without damaging the fibers or handle.

I would take a bottle of Dickinson's witch hazel as my aftershave. That would also be good for treating insect bites.

The coconut shell suggested earlier would make a decent lather bowl, but so too would a large clam shell.

If you are stranded on a remote desert island rather than a tropical island, the biggest problem you might have is finding enough fresh water to drink; you might not to want to waste it on building a lather for shaving. If you have to use salt water to produce your lather you would want a soap that is specifically designed to work with hard water to give you a chance at a decent lather. Thus, I would pick Barrister and Mann Reserve line which contains a chelating agent.

Since I would be on an island, the Waves scent would be appropriate. The Reserve soaps also provide great skin conditioning which would be quite important on a desert island.

As for the razor, I would probably go with the new Karve Stainless with a D Plate (0.98mm gap). The brass razors would not fare well in salt water. Since this is a fairly efficient/aggressive razor, I would load it will a nice, mid-sharp blade like Gillette Silver Blue.

Because B&M Reserve loads very easily from the tub, I would have to be careful in my brush selection to conserve soap. A big badger brush holds too much lather, so I would stick with my 26mm Tuxedo from Turn n Shave that could be rinsed out in salt water without damaging the fibers or handle.

I would take a bottle of Dickinson's witch hazel as my aftershave. That would also be good for treating insect bites.

The coconut shell suggested earlier would make a decent lather bowl, but so too would a large clam shell.

Very well thought out! I like the insect treating part. A few more posts and we'll be well informed on the ultimate desert island setup!

I'll play as well....

Gillette Silver Blue
Timeless Titanium .95 SB
Omega Jade Green 011842 Boar Brush
Haslinger Schafmilch Soap
Thayers Rose Witch Hazel
For a bowl, I’ll cut up Wilson in half

Sounds like @RayClem has really thought about this.

Blade-Astra SP
Razor-Merkur 37c
Soap-Any glycerin m&p soap. Probably any Col. Conk big puck. It would work for shaving, bathing and skin care.
Brush-My WCS Psychedelic synth.
AS-Plain Witch Hazel for the same reasons @RayClem mentioned.
I wouldn't need a bowl as I'd just use the "cup" the Conk comes in.

Top Bottom