What's new

One Razor?

But its a hobby and a pleasure to shave and enjoy it so a collection we all need Razors, Straights, Brushes, Soaps, Aftershaves my moto is you can never have enough of anything.
Its great when you can look and pick your shave of the day with everything in a mix that way it is what it is a shave of the day and that is priceless

Ice-Man I like your avatar picture. Beautiful dogs.

I got my brother interested a few months ago by lending him a Gillette Slim, a puck of Fine Vetiver soap, and a brush. He is really enjoying the Slim and the soap. He cannot understand why I keep asking him if he wants to try this or that razor or soap. He is really content with just the one razor and soap.

I am sometimes tempted to give him credit for being smart. But he is my younger brother, so that can't be it.

I was up to 6…I gave my DE89 to a coworker…so now 5. And I’m thinking I could sell off my Slim Adjustable and Razorocks and just run with my Karve (2 plates mind you) and my post war Tech.
The Karve has been a revelation and I really don’t bother with much else…only the Tech if I want a mild shave.
I guess the Tech would be my travel razor, if I’m ever to travel again.
I’d surely grab another nice Tech if I came across one for a backup or would snag a nice older Gillette OC just to experience that.

I guess my answer is 2. My 80% off the time “A” razor and my 20% off the time “B” razor.

Relegated myself to only 3, GSA - 90% use rate - and Rolls - Imperial & Viscount - as I can hardly be interested in other designs and/or functionality. SQ as always.

I got my brother interested a few months ago by lending him a Gillette Slim, a puck of Fine Vetiver soap, and a brush. He is really enjoying the Slim and the soap. He cannot understand why I keep asking him if he wants to try this or that razor or soap. He is really content with just the one razor and soap.

I am sometimes tempted to give him credit for being smart. But he is my younger brother, so that can't be it.
Just more proof “you got the good genes”!

I have about 10 razors, though 2 do not see much face-and-throat time. However, I brought only 2 of my usual stable with me to B'ham, the Merkur Progress and one of my postwar Techs. Somehow I've wound up using only the Merkur for the last 10 days. I don't think I'll stick only with it when I get back to the Land of Sweat and Alligators, though. I like rotating among the razors, soaps, and creams.

I probably have about 25 razors in my collection, I have used one razor almost exclusively since August 2012 , that belonged to my Godfather that passed that month . The day he passed , I went to his apartment and put three safety razors that belonged to him in my pocket, a 76 and 78 black handled super speed, and a 56 Diplomat . I use the 78 every day and I used the 76 for travel a few times . I have not yet used the Diplomat .

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
Who here in this forum uses only one razor or one razor for most of their shaves? Who here might have a large collection but still mainly uses one? I have a modest DE collection but mainly use one razor, my favorite Tech. I try to be a minimalist to some extent. How about you? What are your thoughts on it?
I shaved with the same razor for many years as did most everyone in the days shaving wasn’t considered a hobby. Now I have 30+ straight razors I rotate every couple of weeks. Other than my razor collection, I consider myself a minimalist. I’m not into soaps, brushes, aftershaves and such.

Iridian

Cool and slimy
Very much like steveclarkus above, but for safety razors in stainless steel. I have a preference for 304/316 and titanium, I am not a fan of aluminum (haptically, plus scratches a bit too easily).

I think it is due to me being situated in the EU, I only have Cella, Old Spice and a few other alcoholic after shaves (I don't dig balms) and some shaving gel. I always marvel at the soap variety in the USA.

But I have a ridiculous amount of razors, and reading this and similar forums doesn't exactly help reducing that number.

Top Bottom