What's new

One Razor?

I posted on this thread a bit earlier that I have many razors, but use only 8 in my rotation. Well, I may have found the one that could change all that. I doubt I will ever get rid of my top performers as I like each of them for different reasons, but I can see myself using my new favorite 80-90% of the time. What is this razor? Well, it's one I've had for a couple of years but I changed the baseplate and holy smokes....

Yates 921-H shaves better than anything in my den. I've been using the 921-M since I bought it back a couple of years ago and was happy with the results. Well, on Black Friday I was perusing the Yates website and decided to purchase the H plate just to check it out. I'm a daily shaver so I had in the back in my mind that the H plate would be too much for daily shaves, but to my surprise, it's just right. The H plate is smooth, yet really takes off the whiskers while leaving my face feeling great. No burning, no cuts, no irritation at all and the shave lasts well into the evening and is just ready for my next AM shave. I'm really liking it so far.

My top razors now include:
Yates 921-H
Blackbird
Windsor SSRH
Henson Ti22 medium
Charcoal Goods Level2 brass (new to the den)
Aristocrat (new to the den)
Tatara Nodachi
R41GS

Dave himself

Wee Words of Wisdom
I only have 4 DE razors at the moment as I'm a newbie to wet shaving. The razor I reach for the most is my merkur progress
Right I got a new razor last week a Yaqi aggressive top comb slant which with GSB and Nacets is giving DFS or BBSs with 2 passes and a couple of slight touch ups. My Merkur Progress has been sitting on self since it came.

I have a Parker 91R, after using a VDH for quite a few years. Much closer shaves than I was getting with the VDH, no matter what blade I put in it. I am not a collector, nor am I going to buy 10 razors to find the best one for me. I like the Parker, and it will be my "daily driver" for quite a while. Not going down that rabbit hole, but, will buy different blades to try, one tuck at a time. I have a local store that has all the blades I need. The Parker is it...

I'd been looking for my "one" this past year. I think I found it in the gold Fatip Open Comb Grande. It's both super efficient and mild.

My next best razor is my nickel Fatip Open Comb Piccolo. Honestly, either razor could be my one and only razor and I'd be happy as they regularly help me achieve perfect irritation-free BBS.

Top Bottom