What's new

One product for hair and body?

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
Hello everyone,

I am generally not a fan of all in one washes or using one bar of soap from head to toe, however at the gym I have been using a provided all in one wash and have decided I’d like to keep some of my own in my locker of a better quality.

In the past I’ve tried the Kirks 3-in-1 and it’s good and might be the go-to option, but has anyone found a quality product in this category that I should consider?

...In the past I’ve tried the Kirks 3-in-1 and it’s good and might be the go-to option, but has anyone found a quality product in this category that I should consider?
I like to use products that have short, simple ingredient lists. It's also nice if the same product can be used for many different things. So, you might want to try liquid castile soap such as Dr. Bronner's if you haven't already. There are quite a few brands out there, but a true castile soap is made just with water, vegetable oil, alkali and fragrance. Dr. Bronner's uses coconut oil.

I like to dilute the soap because it is very concentrated. A 3:1 ratio water:soap means that one quart of soap become one gallon of cleaning solution!

Pick a scent you like such as peppermint, lavender, tea tree, etc. You just need one squirt on a washcloth to shower with.

I have found Every Man Jack 3-in-1 Sandalwood to be my go-to all-around shower product. There is a Cedarwood version that I find too 'loud.' The sandalwood to me just smells pleasant without making a fuss about it. I have fine ("thin") hair but since I found the EMJ I don't bother with thickening shampoos etc.

I do keep a bottle of CeraVe in my shower for a bit of extra care for my face.

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
I like to use products that have short, simple ingredient lists. It's also nice if the same product can be used for many different things. So, you might want to try liquid castile soap such as Dr. Bronner's if you haven't already. There are quite a few brands out there, but a true castile soap is made just with water, vegetable oil, alkali and fragrance. Dr. Bronner's uses coconut oil.

I like to dilute the soap because it is very concentrated. A 3:1 ratio water:soap means that one quart of soap become one gallon of cleaning solution!

Pick a scent you like such as peppermint, lavender, tea tree, etc. You just need one squirt on a washcloth to shower with.

I love Dr Bronner’s. I use their soap at home. Only issue is I find it a bit much for my face and hair as it is slightly drying and my skin and scalp run dry already.

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
I have found Every Man Jack 3-in-1 Sandalwood to be my go-to all-around shower product. There is a Cedarwood version that I find too 'loud.' The sandalwood to me just smells pleasant without making a fuss about it. I have fine ("thin") hair but since I found the EMJ I don't bother with thickening shampoos etc.

I do keep a bottle of CeraVe in my shower for a bit of extra care for my face.

This might be a nice alternative. I believe I’ve actually seen this product at Walmart so I could try it easily. How does your skin and hair feel when using it?

Great. Doesn't make my skin dry; nothing helps my hair :p so it's pretty much the same as every other product I've used in that regard.

I get it at Target.

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
Great. Doesn't make my skin dry; nothing helps my hair :p so it's pretty much the same as every other product I've used in that regard.

I get it at Target.

Lol my hair is difficult as well. I have a rare mixture of Syrian and Jewish genes which blessed me with quite unruly and coarse hair. Gotta keep it short and styled or I’ll look like Kramer.

I have used Dr. Bronners in the past and found it very drying for my skin. But their soap is considered multipurpose -- can be used from anything like showering to laundry to dishwashing, as seen from the screen below from their website. The ingredients are for the almond scented soap.

I have come across and used several all-in-one type products but they don't work as well as separate ones dedicated for each job.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-08-07 at 6.48.17 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-08-07 at 6.48.17 PM.png
    168.7 KB · Views: 7
Hello everyone,

I am generally not a fan of all in one washes or using one bar of soap from head to toe, however at the gym I have been using a provided all in one wash and have decided I’d like to keep some of my own in my locker of a better quality.

In the past I’ve tried the Kirks 3-in-1 and it’s good and might be the go-to option, but has anyone found a quality product in this category that I should consider?
The Blessed Seed Black Seed Soap and Shampoo Bar is an excellent product. It‘s great for Hair, Face and Body, and well worth a try. It goes a bit soft and rubbery towards the end, but it doesn’t affect its performance.

Definitely Aleppo soap. I use it instead of shampoo and there's no need for conditioner. Unlike cheap mass produced soap it doesn't dry out the skin. You can probably use it instead of shaving cream as well but I've never been able to grow a decent bears so it might not work for some

I use Mitchell’s Wool Fat bar soap in the shower, including to clean the little bit of hair I have left. Twice a week, I wash my hair with Nizoral shampoo to keep the seborrheic dermatitis at bay.

Chagrin Valley Soap makes a shower/shampoo bar called Neem Tea Tree Oil that works fairly well.

I second Aleppo soap. I've used that. I have dry skin and the Aleppo stuff takes care of both my skin and scalp. Get a plastic travel soap tub to carry it in your gym bag and you're good to go.

Wet Shaving Products also sells tea tree oil shampoo bars that seem to work fine for skin as well.

Top Bottom