What's new

One pass through my soap stash gave me a winner

I currently have 7 soaps and 2 creams in my stock pile. A couple of months ago, I decided to use each one for a week before rotating to something different. I've finally finished my rotation and it's been a great learning experience. Performance wise, everything I have works well, but I've learned some scents I enjoy for a day, then tire of them quickly to the point I can't wait to move on at the end of the week. My goal for the past year or two has been to whittle my shave den down to just my favorite/best products and stop trying every new thing that comes out.

This is really subjective--but my soaps now fall into the following categories:

First is a sad departure. L'occitane Cade would be on my permanent list, but a recent change in the formula is not getting very good reviews. I'm sad to see it go, but likely won't buy it again.

Great performance, but I don't enjoy the scent enough to look forward to using them every day:
Tabac
Stirling Coconut and Lime
Proraso White

Would buy again if it's on sale:
Proraso Red
Art of Shaving Sandalwood (cream)

Permanent home in my shave den:
Proraso Green
Pre de Provence No. 63

My clear winner:
Captains Choice Nor'easter. I love the scent and was really looking forward to it coming up in my weekly rotation again. I only have the cream and am looking forward to trying the soap and more scents after I use up some of my existing stash. Captains Choice not only has a permanent home with me, it easily took top spot.

I don't have the Nor'easter soap or cream, just the aftershave splash, but I thoroughly enjoy it! Definitely will be a staple scent for me in my den.

I've been a user of Captain's Choice soap and aftershave since 2011, when I first won a bottle of the bay rum aftershave at a B&B lunch meet in Somerville, NJ. Back then, the soap was being sold as RazoRock Captain's Choice Bay Rum. Over the past 9 years, I have favored CC North, Bay Rum and Lime soaps, with matching aftershaves (including Cat O' Nine Tails).

A couple months ago, I came across a sample of CC Nor'easter aftershave that I received with an order last year and never tried. I really liked the A/S and plan to order the soap and a full bottle of A/S with my next CC order.

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
I've been a user of Captain's Choice soap and aftershave since 2011, when I first won a bottle of the bay rum aftershave at a B&B lunch meet in Somerville, NJ. Back then, the soap was being sold as RazoRock Captain's Choice Bay Rum. Over the past 9 years, I have favored CC North, Bay Rum and Lime soaps, with matching aftershaves (including Cat O' Nine Tails).

A couple months ago, I came across a sample of CC Nor'easter aftershave that I received with an order last year and never tried. I really liked the A/S and plan to order the soap and a full bottle of A/S with my next CC order.
is this already 9 years ago?? Time flies, or??

is this already 9 years ago?? Time flies, or??

I couldn't believe I had to search back that far to find that Somerville meet. Our Brick House meet with Scott & BrianW may have been within a few months of that one. I can't remember, but then I can't remember breakfast. Scary how fast time does fly.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
I have the Nor'Easter aftershave and the soap is on it's way. Have their Venture combo, soap and aftershave also.

Top Bottom